cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Conference Call Area Code Preference

Conference call phone numbers seem to be fairly random without any preference settings. This is especially frustrating (and embarrassing) when I have local clients in my same area code having to pay for a long distance call clear across the country to talk to me, especially since, there's probably another user local to my number in the reverse situation. We (and our attendees) are all paying unnecessary long distance fees when we could theoretically "switch" numbers and cut out the excessive phone company fees. I would like to see a setting for each meeting that allows me to pick a preferred state and/or region (maybe a tree with branches for Region, State, and Area Code, selectable at any level) so that the assigned conference call is as close to my client as possible. Although it wouldn't always be possible to get the exact area code requested, getting one as close as is available would certainly add more efficiency and reduce costs.
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Conference Call Area Code Preference

Totally agree!
Highlighted
New Contributor

Yes, please! We are not able to dial long-distance from our conference rooms (govt agency) so need to use phone cards (worsens quality of call) or make prior arrangements to have long-distance enabled in the room (hassle and needs to be done in advance).
Highlighted
New Contributor

I have a government client that requires our reoccurring meetings to use a local area code. Is there really still no way to set this in GoToMeeting? 99% of the time I don't care what area code is used for the meeting, but creating countless reoccurring meetings with the hope that one would have the area code I need is very frustrating. I'm not even confident that the area code I need is even available.

Can this request please receive an official answer? If not, I will have to look into an alternative service. 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Thank you for the response. I understand the limitation of having access only to numbers previously purchased, but is it not feasible to select from among those? The area code I need (213) was previously available but after spending over 30 minutes creating multiple reoccurring meetings it is not coming up for me.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Has this been resolved? I am not getting a local area code.
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Amanda, I'm sorry as we have to purchase each phone number we provide, we only provide toll numbers for a limited number of countries and we do not have local toll numbers for individual areas.

As an Organizer you can add OpenVoice to your account and provide toll free numbers for your attendees if you wish.  Our built-in computer audio is free for everyone to use.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Highlighted
New Contributor

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How do I get my meetings to use a local phone number?.

When I launch meetings they always have an Ontario 647 phone number. Being in Alberta, I'd prefer the meetings to have a 780 or 587. Possible?
Highlighted
New Contributor

Agreed with this.  Personally, I don't need my exact area code however, but at least a regional number would be sufficient. We are in MA and pulling numbers from Palo Alto CA. Geographically speaking, there is hardly an area code farther away from us than that. Something in the state would be nice... or at least on the same coast.

Skype can do this... 8x8 can do this, Zoom can do this. Otherwise, provide toll free numbers at no extra charge. 

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

@TBSDennis  Sorry, were you being charged by your telecom based on the area code location?  If so, that would be highly uncommon in North America, as almost every provider currently offers free calling to the continental USA and Canada.  Please let us know if you're seeing some telephone charges specifically related to GoToMeeting's integrated toll lines.