cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Re: Customizing default text placed in new meeting invite (Outlook plugin)

I also add information to verify that the client is installed prior to the meeting - would really like to be able to add my own take on the signature. I paste this link:

http://support.citrixonline.com/en_US/Meeting/help_files/G2M010002?Title=Download+GoToMeeting
New Contributor

Hi - another vote for this one. We don't use GTM for audio, just screenshare. I only need the link and have to delete the rest. Would like the option to customize the static copy.
New Contributor

Hi folks, 

This seems like a really interesting idea. Where do you envision creating a template for the email? In outlook? In GoToMeeting UI? Do you use the same template for all your invites? Or switch them up based on who you are meeting with? 

Thanks!
Active Contributor

Are you really an employee?  I would love it if this is actually getting looked into.  

The template should be within the gotomeeting system. I personally would only want one template. But others may want more.  Just give us an multiline textbox and a good document with variables we can use to layout the call-in #, web address of the meeting, plus anything else available for us to include..  

Thanks for considering this.
New Contributor

Yes, I really am an employee Smiley Happy 

Really appreciate your prompt response. 

The way you describe it sounds like you want to create a template/layout with a bunch of variables that you can pick and choose from. Would you want this template per user on the account or admin creates it and then it is set for all accounts?

Thanks
Rutu
New Contributor

I started this topic over a year ago. I pull time, date, web link, meeting ID,  and conference number out of your standard outlook template, erase of your advertising, and send my invitations wih a topic that makes sense (not" Gotomeeting" as the lead).

I'd like either the information to come over in a more formal way or be able to populate a template I design.
Active Contributor

Rutu,

For me, I'd like the ability to create the templates and have them all available to be used when a new meeting is being created. Our small company would only need one. It would certainly be nice to have this format 'exactly' as we want it.   

PS - see the other post on the "cell friendly' dial in number.

Thanks
New Contributor

Thanks! Let me follow up on cell friendly dial in number.
New Contributor

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Invitation customization options.

It would be great to be able to customize the meeting invitation instead of having to do this manually each time.

This way, I can put my signature in it, I can include information about the web app login, I can brand it.

As someone who schedules a lot of meetings, this requires a ton of extra work without this capability.
New Contributor

I first raised this topic two year ago. At this point I'd settle for  standard format that does not lead with a gotomeeting ad (is that really what each meeting subject should start with?)

I edit each announcement into a simple list:

Date:
Time:
Web Link:
Conference Call:
Meeting ID:

. . . followed by my signature.