cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Re: Customizing default text placed in new meeting invite (Outlook plugin)

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Changing template for meeting invites.

We recently purchased a call recording service and need to let people know in writing that they may be recorded. Is there are a way to change the meeting invite template to include a line that they may be recorded?
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Sylvie,

Unfortunately, at this time it is not possible to customize the default meeting invitation text. If you are using Outlook to send your meeting invites, you could save the messaging as a signature in Outlook that you could then insert into the meeting invitation with a couple of clicks.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
New Contributor

We use Gmail - any solution for that? Thanks!
LogMeIn Contributor

Hey Sylvie,

I apologize this feature request has not been implimented.

The default invitation template cannot be customized for automatic distribution, but the text can be customized to anything you want, after it populates into the Email.  We provide the template with a nice join link + dial in info, and you can change this formatting to something else once the email populates.  If you have an email signature on a localized email application, this should also populate into the message triggered by GoToMeeting.

New Contributor

Thank you for the suggestion of creating a signature with the meeting details I wanted.  After clicking 'Schedule Meeting,' I wiped out the default text that was added (the text we can't change), added my 'Meeting Invite' signature, and things were exactly what I needed in my invite :-)  This has done the trick for me. Again - thank you!
New Contributor

Is there anyway to edit the text that goes into the calendar invite when a meeting is scheduled?

Is there anyway to edit the text that goes into the calendar invite when a meeting is scheduled? I know that I can add a logo, but can I edit the actual text?
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Is there anyway to edit the text that goes into the calendar invite when a meeting is scheduled?

Hi Mathew,
When you create a GoToMeeting invitation only a template is created, which can be edited to include whatever text or pictures you'd like (depending of course on the limitations of your email system).

New Contributor

Re: Is there anyway to edit the text that goes into the calendar invite when a meeting is scheduled?

Hi Ash! Is there perhaps and FAQ I can see about how to do this?

Thank you!
New Contributor

I misread your comment, is there a way to edit the initial template that is created?
LogMeIn Contributor

The GoToMeeting invitation template its self that's created cannot be altered, but you can add / delete what ever you like once the message populates locally.