cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Platotgo
Active Contributor

Desktop app not showing in privacy settings for camera activation (Mac/Windows)

Hi Team! 🙂
To activate the camera in the MAC desktop app, i need to grant access to GTM in the privacy settings.
Problem is, for me and some other colleagues GTM doesnt show up in the list, so it cant be ticked to give the permission.
Reinstalling did not change anything.
Is someone else also experiencing this?  Is this a known issue?

Thanks in advance!

Update::
I have found a topic with a similar problem on windows, so this seems to be a cross plattform issue!
https://community.logmein.com/t5/GoToMeeting-Discussions/GoToMeeting-and-Windows-10-camera-privacy-s...

20 REPLIES 20
MSLaw

GoToMeeting Desktop App - Webcam is recognized in Settings, but does not display in meeting

Hello - we have been struggling with the GoToMeeting desktop app, when the webcam displays in meeting preview and in Settings once in the meeting, but it does not display. Is there anything more specific we can try - so far we have checked firewall settings, it's not a hardware/driver issue, attempted to download the MSI version of the desktop app. Running out of things to check/try. Anyone have ideas? 

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: GoToMeeting Desktop App - Webcam is recognized in Settings, but does not display in meeting

Hello,

The GoToMeeting webcam function requires that port 1853 remain open for communications.  If you have a firewall set up there it could be blocking this connection.  

In other cases you may need some firmware upgrades from the device manufacturer's website. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Borut

Re: GoToMeeting Desktop App - Webcam is recognized in Settings, but does not display in meeting

I have same problem on laptop.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Borut  Specifically what operating system are you using?  The newest Mac OS, Catalina for example requires that you grant permission to any application requesting webcam access. 

TJ688
Active Contributor

GoToMeeting and Windows 10 camera privacy settings

Hello,

I have an issue where GoToMeeting will not show video when using the desktop app. If I use Microsoft Edge and join the video on the web the video works just fine. I notice in the Windows 10 camera privacy settings that GoToMeeting is not listed as a desktop app that has access to the camera, but Mircorosft Edge is listed. When I joined the meeting through Microsoft Edge it asked for permission to use the camera and microphone, but the GoToMeeting desktop app does not ask for permission to use the webcam. Audio works fine in the desktop app, just no access to the webcam. I have checked for new drivers for the webcam and it says I am using the best driver for the device. Any idea how I get GoToMeeting access to my webcam in Windows 10?

Thanks.

Platotgo
Active Contributor

Re: GoToMeeting and Windows 10 camera privacy settings

Hi!
Thats really interesting! I just posted the same exact issue working from Mac, so this seems to be a cross-platform bug or something... 😕

TJ688
Active Contributor

Re: GoToMeeting and Windows 10 camera privacy settings

That is interesting indeed....I was assuming that the user had possibly accidentally declined permission to access the webcam or something, but if you are seeing the same issue on your mac then maybe it is a bug in GTM.

Thanks.

Tripleseat-Ed

Mac Accessibility Permission Causes Attendees To Be Listed Twice

We mostly use MacBooks and we've seen this common problem. If we have an attendee who is new to GoTo, they are prompted on the call to allow permissions in the Security & Privacy settings. Once the Attendee makes that change, they are required to shut down and restart their GoTo. This is constantly causing a duplicate of that attendee so they are listed twice.

Is there a solution to this to prevent that from happening? The prompts to allow seem to only occur when they need to share a screen or take ownership of the meeting so I don't see a way to make these adjustments before they are on in a meeting.

Thanks!

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Mac Accessibility Permission Causes Attendees To Be Listed Twice

Hi, 

We are currently investigating reports of GoToMeeting audio/video feed recognition by Mac security and hope to have more information soon.  Thanks for your patience.