Did you mean: 
Platotgo
Active Contributor

Re: Mac Accessibility Permission Causes Attendees To Be Listed Twice

Thanks for the info!

Have a nice week!

Platotgo
Active Contributor

Re: Desktop app not showing in privacy settings for camera activation (Mac/Windows)

We managed to solve the issue...and it was not rocket science. 

For the first user we fixed it by restarting the program over and over until it somehow worked...

With another colleague we did it a little bit different.
After reinstalling the program, we only tried to start GTM via Link to get into a Testmeeting and then clicking on the webcam button which wasn't working - thats how the initial problem occured.
But when we started the program directly, without getting into a Meeting - and then went to preferences - webcama pop up of the system preferences imidiatly asked for Webcam permission.

I hope that does it for you guys too!
Have a nice week.

jayitnyc

Re: Desktop app not showing in privacy settings for camera activation (Mac/Windows)

We're having the same issue on MAC.  I wouldn't labeld as solved. At best a workout, which I haven't tested yet.

Platotgo
Active Contributor

You are right @jayitnyc .
I just removed that. Unfortunately until now i have no better solution, did it work out with your guys?

TJ688
Active Contributor

Re: GoToMeeting and Windows 10 camera privacy settings

Well the support on here has been a little underwhelming...I am still expereincing this issue. Is anyone else battling this? Do we just need to do like the rest of the world has done and go to Zoom?

Thanks.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Platotgo  This issue on a Mac can currently be worked around by going into GoToMeeting's Settings and selecting Webcam again to trigger the access request.

@TJ688 There are no Windows restrictions accessing a built-in webcam, as long as GoToMeeting is installed with administrative privileges.  Have you already tried a full re-installation?

What is the actual Windows device you're working with?  Is this the built-in or an external camera?

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
TJ688
Active Contributor

Hello,

Yes, I have done a full uninstall and reinstall. The camera is an external Lumens webcam hooked to the pc via usb.

When I go into GTM settings preferences for the webcam I get a message that states "Failed to initialize your webcam"Failed to initialize your webcam.Failed to initialize your webcam.

TJ688
Active Contributor

To add to my previous post....As I mentioned in my original post, the camera works fine when I use Microsoft Edge to make the connection to the meeting. The issue with the camera is only present with the GTM client.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@TJ688   Do you have any issue with VoIP / Microphone inputs there?  I'm wondering if there's an administrative requirement needed, perhaps not granted during the standard installation process (sometimes requires to manually 'run as admin').

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Platotgo
Active Contributor

Hi @jayitnyc @Tripleseat-Ed !
One of theLogMeIn Contributors just posted some updates about this issue in another topic - so if you are still struggling:

This issue on a Mac can currently be worked around by going into GoToMeeting's Settings and selecting Webcam again to trigger the access request.

Maybe that helps you guys 🙂