cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Active Contributor

Digital Signature expired

The code signing certificate that is attached to the GoToMeeting certificate has expired.  This certificate is used to whitelist the program in Group Policy Software Restriction policies.  Since the certificate has expired GotoMeeiting is now being blocked.  Is there an updated program with an updted certificate?

Thanks,

Matthew

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Active Contributor

Re: Digital Signature expired

Looks like they've updated the certificate, yay!  Now valid until 2021.

LogMeInCert.JPG

Cheers, 

Matt

8 REPLIES
Active Contributor

Ok.

You would have thought there might be some kind of response; especially with all the fuss surrounding the leaked private keys from certificates from other apps. 

Have had permission from upper management to start removing goto meeting from end users machines.  Looks like we might try zoom.

Ta.

Matt

LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @Matt_ ,

Just to confirm, are you referencing the GoToMeeting desktop application, or Outlook Plugin?

Active Contributor

I presume it's the app as we don't have any Outlook plugins.  Since the certificate has expired no software that uses the expired certificate will run.  Here are a few examples I pulled from the logs:

Access to C:\Users\<useranme>\AppData\Local\GoToMeeting\10996\g2mupdate.exe has been restricted by your Administrator by the default software restriction policy level.
Access to C:\Users\<useranme>\AppData\Local\Temp\GoToMeeting\11185\g2mupdate.exe has been restricted by your Administrator by the default software restriction policy level.
Access to C:\Users\<useranem>\AppData\Local\GoToMeeting\10996\g2mupload.exe has been restricted by your Administrator by the default software restriction policy level.
Access to C:\Users\<useranme>\AppData\Local\GoToMeeting\11185\G2MInstaller.exe has been restricted by your Administrator by the default software restriction policy level.

Looks like it's the app trying to update to me.

LogMeIn Contributor

@Matt_  There have been no certificate changes for the GoToMeeting desktop software.  What makes you think the desktop software cert has expired?

Active Contributor

This:

Capture.JPG

LogMeIn Contributor

@Matt_  I'm not sure why that date would be shown currently.   Do you have Symantec security installed locally there?  Have you called into support to fully document the environment and create a case for review?

Active Contributor

That is the LogmeIn certificate attached to the GotoMeetingOpener.exe (and all other signed software from logmein)  file downloaded from the goto meeting web site (about 5 mins ago).  The reference to Symantec is theCertificate Authority who issued the certificate to LogmeIn Inc, and has nothing to do with anything  instaled software on my system. 

If you download "GotoMeeting Opener.exe", form the logmein website then right-click the file and then select the 'Digital Signatures' tab, then click 'Details' on the logmein certificate, then click 'View Cerificate', you'll see that the expiry date has passed.

capture-1.jpg

Active Contributor

Looks like they've updated the certificate, yay!  Now valid until 2021.

LogMeInCert.JPG

Cheers, 

Matt