cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Disable "Your meeting is now being recorded" announcement

When I am in a meeting and start recording a message is announced that says, "this meeting is now being recorded." Is it possible to disable this announcemnet?  If so, how?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Disable "Your meeting is now being recorded" announcement

Hi @klea ,

While the GoToMeeting message "This call is being recorded" to participants cannot be disabled, we are aware that Online Recordings are capturing this message in a way that seems to interrupt the broadcast.  Unfortunately I don't know if this behavior can be changed.

Local GoToMeeting recordings (stored on your desktop PC) should not include this operator message.

11 REPLIES 11
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @klea ,

While the GoToMeeting message "This call is being recorded" to participants cannot be disabled, we are aware that Online Recordings are capturing this message in a way that seems to interrupt the broadcast.  Unfortunately I don't know if this behavior can be changed.

Local GoToMeeting recordings (stored on your desktop PC) should not include this operator message.

New Contributor

When was this warning introduced?  In version 9?  I never heard it before until after I upgraded to V9.

LogMeIn Contributor

@RogerDodger The message was introduced to Online Recordings several weeks ago, around the time period we updated our GDPR standards for international security requirements.

The messge should not be heard in local GoToMeeting recordings.

New Contributor

Can you please clarify the difference between online and "local" GoToMeeting recordings.

Thank you.

LogMeIn Contributor

@klea

GoToMeeting offers you 2 options for session recording.

Cloud recording is available depending on your Admin settings.

• Cloud recording: Have your recordings automatically saved online
    With this option, your session recordings will be automatically saved to the Meeting History page of your online account. From there you can view, download and share them with attendees. A local recording will also be saved to your hard drive as a backup.
  • Local recording: Have your recordings saved locally on your computer
    With this option, your session recordings will be saved as a file on your local hard drive. In order to view or share them with attendees, the recording file will need to be converted to a different format (.MP4). After the session, you will need to manually convert them to a different format using the Recording Manager.
New Contributor

Thank you, AshC.

New Contributor

Many users in my company would also like to disable the audio message announcing the beginning and ending of a meeting. We use GTM primarily for internal meetings and the alert on the screen that the mtg is being recorded is sufficient for our purposes. The announcement is an interruption and staff find it annoying. So, we would welcome the ability to disable the audio announcement.
New Contributor

This isn't a GDPR requirement, is it?

LogMeIn Manager

Hi @mcline 

In many USA states as well as other territories it is illegal to record someone without their knowledge. As there is no practical way to only play this message to select meeting attendees, it is played for all.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!