cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Myki
New Contributor

Disable webcam coverage between participants and one smaller issue

Hello,

I'm new at gotomeeting and before I start a course I already wanted to check my setup. I'm using a Logitech C920Pro HD Webcam on my Windows 10 PC passing it over by HDMI to my LG C9. I'm issueing problems to get sound on the TV and use it as a speaker, but its working over my AVR and the speakers so that's not really an issue but if someone has a clue I would take it 😉 The same setup incl. sound over HDMI is working on my ASUS monitor. Video is just working fine. But again, that's a minor issue.

The more concerning questions I couldn't solve: while I was testing the setup I joined the meeting with my Android phone (No. 1) and my Android tablet (No. 2). The connection ist just fine, camera and audio are workings as they should. But...for whatever reason when I open up the connection with all three of them device 1 and 2 can see each other but not th emain webcam. Is there any option to avoid and also force that the participants can only see the main webcam? First of all it doenst make sense that the participants can see each other and second of all no one should be interested in that. They pay to see me 😉

I appriciate your support, thanks.

Kind regards from Berlin, Myki

1 REPLY 1
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Disable webcam coverage between participants and one smaller issue

Hi Myki,

GoToMeeting webcam integration options work best with a USB connected device, but if your HD camera can be lowered in quality to 720P then you may have more success.

Android has limited webcam viewing options at this time:

• View Active Cameras - Display only those who are actively sharing a camera.
  • View Who's Talking - Display only the current speaker.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!