cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Display Camera View on A Monitor

Setup:  Two 75" TV's (wall monitors), driven from a laptop connected via a docking station.  Three screens total available to the laptop (wall monitors, plus laptop screen).  Content to be displayed can be controlled by setting each monitor to "extend" and moving appropriate content to monitor.

Two cameras connected to dock via USB... front facing and rear facing.  Camera selection can be controlled GoToMeeting app.  So... within GTM, I can see the camera view, and so can remote users if I don't have screen share enabled.

My problem:  I want to be able to display the camera view on one of the wall monitors, from time to time.  I cannot figure out how to do this.  If I use the Camera app included with Windows, I get a window that can be move to a monitor but the Camera app takes control of the camera and it is no longer visible in GTM.

Thoughts as to how I can have the camera show up on one of the wall monitors while still make camera view available to remote users?

TIA

3 REPLIES 3
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Display Camera View on A Monitor

Hi there,

Have you already tried toggling your preferred camera through the GoToMeeting endpoint Preferences window?  (this is a separate frame that can be moved anywhere you wish)

New Contributor

I'm glad to know there is a potential solution.  As a newbie, I'm having difficulty finding the setting you are referring to.  Thank you.

LogMeIn Contributor

Assuming this is a Windows laptop, when you're running GoToMeeting there will be an icon in your task bar.  Right-clicking this icon should pull up some options including 'Preferences'.  From this new window there will be a Webcam category with a drop-down menu of connected camera inputs recognized. This window should not be visible to GoToMeeting screen sharing either, so you can move it around on any display.