cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tclub Usgfx

Hard Mute Option

Please help to add a hard mute option for gotomeeting. Currently if the organizer mutes the attendees, the attendees are able to unmute themselves by clicking unmute button in their ends.
Thank you.
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Hard Mute Option

Hi Tclub,
While there isn't an interface button to select 'Hard-Mute', Organizers who dial into the integrated conference call via telephone may use the *5 command to cycle through different audio types, including a hard-mute option for attendees.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Daro Bruno

A meeting attendee shows as muted but is not

One of our participant's Windows desktop application was showing him as muted but he was not so his office conversation was heard by everyone. Has anyone else had this issue and is there a fix/workaround? Thanks.
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: A meeting attendee shows as muted but is not

Hi Daro,
Sorry for the confusion there.
That has never happened to me personally, but I'd probably want to know how the problem attendee was connected, with what device and operating system.  Be sure that their unconnected audio icon (gray in color) isn't confused with a muted icon (red line strike-through).

Larry A. Menger

Re: Keep audience muted

Thanks for asking and answering. I was looking for the same information. (Really wish a hard mute was an option.)
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Keep audience muted

Hi Larry,
Hard mute is an option for Organizers connected via telephone, successfully confirmed by their PIN, using *5 to toggle through listening modes.

Anja

Hallo,

I think we have kind of the same problem.

In our last two GTM and GTW I muted all the attendees. Even if the audio icon of the attendees was whether grey or red they could all speak and everyone heard it. So because of all the background sounds we were unable to go on with the meeting. So I (as the moderator) can't mute any attendee anymore, even if they're all showed as muted. 

Thanks for a quick answer.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hallo Anja,
Sorry for the difficulty there.

If you could contact us directly by phone within 24 hours of an audio issue like this, we can definitely help you track the source of the problem.  If you are logged into the GoTo software successfully as the event organizer, the Mute All command should work every time.

https://support.logmeininc.com/gotomeeting/contactus

nripley
New Contributor

Go To Meeting - Mute All

How do I mute all attendees and not allow them to un mute during the presentation.  Thanks, Nancy 

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Go To Meeting - Mute All

Hi @nripley,

With GoToMeeting, attendees have the ability to unmute themselves. If you have a disruptive attendee that refuses to stay muted you can dismis them from the meeting.

GoToWebinar attendees join muted by default and can only be unmuted by the organizer.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training