cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BigE1
New Contributor

Mute Attendees

I attend a daily meeting/chat room. There is always one attendee who refuses to mute his microphone and causes all sorts of background noise. The moderators won't mute anyone unless specifically requested.

Is there any option for ME to mute another attendee so that I do not hear them?

IF NOT, WHY NOT??????

Thanks

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Mute Attendees

Hi @BigE1 ,

I apologize for the echo, as it can disrupt a broadcast completely.

The Muting controls, and Attendee management are strictly for the GoToMeeting Organizers to handle, for security reasons.  If you are helping to manage a live meeting, you can ask the scheduling Organizer to make you a Co-Organizer in session for the purpose of muting individual Attendees, but otherwise this role is restricted to moderators only.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
BigE1
New Contributor

Re: Mute Attendees

Thanks for the info.

I understand the necessity to keep the settings under the control of the presenters.  What I'm asking is if there is any way, or could be any way, for me on my end to selectively mute an attendee who has their mic open.

If this isn't currently possible in the platform, could this be forwarded to the development team to be added as a feature? I'm sure that would be pretty easy, and I can guarantee you that it is something wanted by a lot of people.  Thanks!

innovaesoftware
New Contributor

permanently disable attendees audio

Hi, is there a way to permanently disable the attendees' audio in a meeting? We have up to 50 attendees and some of them keep reenabling their microphones, even after we mute them. Thanks in advance

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: permanently disable attendees audio

@innovaesoftware  I'm sorry for the confusion.  It is every Attendee's option to mute or unmute their own lines so that Organizers do not have to manage each one individually. 

@Azeem If you want to permanently mute all participantes, you can cycle into this mode via your telephone keypad with the *5 commandhttps://support.logmeininc.com/gotomeeting/help/manage-phone-audio-via-keypad-commands-g2m050045

innovaesoftware
New Contributor

Re: permanently disable attendees audio

Thanks, I'll have a look into GoToWebinar then. 

SmithWeekly
Active Contributor

Organizer Mute Control

Organizers of GotoMeeting do not have the ability to enact a mute override to mute all attendees. Currently, attendees can unmute themselves after being muted by the organizer. The mute fight then begins and is a hinderance to the organizer and the party that pays for the service. An organizer mute override control is requested and is a substantial flaw in the current system. The organizer(s) need to have full mute control when desired and at times during the meeting when there is to be one single presenter during a period of time. Many thanks.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Organizer Mute Control

@SmithWeekly  If you are looking for a 'hard-mute' function to override Attendees, you may do this via telephone keypad when dialed in as the event Organizer.  Press *5 to cycle through the muting options for Organizers.

SmithWeekly
Active Contributor

Thank you for the response. It is a partial solution for those organizers who have phoned in. How might this be done when the organizer is running the meeting soley from a computer? The primary meeting controls via computer appear to not have this feature. Can this be added?

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@SmithWeekly  We removed the hard-lock functionality when we increased the Attendee limits for GoToMeeting for easier self-maintenance of the audio feed by individuals.  I don't know if the functionality will return, but if you absolutely need it then I would suggest using GoToWebinar instead--  which has very clearly defined differences between Staff controls Vs. Attendee's.