cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
To help support our community and customers during the outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19), LogMeIn is providing free Emergency Remote Work Kits for Health Care Providers, Educational Institutions, Municipalities, Non-Profit organizations, and current LogMeIn customers. For more information please visit https://www.gotomeeting.com/work-remote
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Keep audience muted

Thanks for the quick reply! Does that mean they can still dial in through computer and just I need to use the phone option? 
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Right:  Attendees can choose any audio option they wish.  The muting behavior can only be altered by an Organizer connected through integrated telephone.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hard Mute Option

Please help to add a hard mute option for gotomeeting. Currently if the organizer mutes the attendees, the attendees are able to unmute themselves by clicking unmute button in their ends.
Thank you.
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Hard Mute Option

Hi Tclub,
While there isn't an interface button to select 'Hard-Mute', Organizers who dial into the integrated conference call via telephone may use the *5 command to cycle through different audio types, including a hard-mute option for attendees.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks for asking and answering. I was looking for the same information. (Really wish a hard mute was an option.)
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Larry,
Hard mute is an option for Organizers connected via telephone, successfully confirmed by their PIN, using *5 to toggle through listening modes.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Go To Meeting - Mute All

How do I mute all attendees and not allow them to un mute during the presentation.  Thanks, Nancy 

Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Go To Meeting - Mute All

Hi @nripley,

With GoToMeeting, attendees have the ability to unmute themselves. If you have a disruptive attendee that refuses to stay muted you can dismis them from the meeting.

GoToWebinar attendees join muted by default and can only be unmuted by the organizer.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Highlighted
New Contributor

Mute Attendees

I attend a daily meeting/chat room. There is always one attendee who refuses to mute his microphone and causes all sorts of background noise. The moderators won't mute anyone unless specifically requested.

Is there any option for ME to mute another attendee so that I do not hear them?

IF NOT, WHY NOT??????

Thanks

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Mute Attendees

Hi @BigE1 ,

I apologize for the echo, as it can disrupt a broadcast completely.

The Muting controls, and Attendee management are strictly for the GoToMeeting Organizers to handle, for security reasons.  If you are helping to manage a live meeting, you can ask the scheduling Organizer to make you a Co-Organizer in session for the purpose of muting individual Attendees, but otherwise this role is restricted to moderators only.