cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Does GoToMeeting provide transcription services?

We simply want to transcribe a recorded GoToMeeting.  Does Citrix/GTM provide transcription services?  If not, would you recommend some reliable, secure transcription services for this?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Does GoToMeeting provide transcription services?

Hi,

GoToMeeting now has the ability to  automatically transcribe your recorded meeting and provide you with a simple link to share with attendees so they can view the interactive recording, search for keywords, and more! This feature allows you to focus on your meeting, while GoToMeeting focuses on the note-taking.

Transcriptions features

• View talk time – View the active talk time of all meeting participants next to the interactive recording.
  • Search for keywords – Search for keywords and key content using the Search bar.
  • Share the link – Share the transcripts link with attendees by clicking the Share icon and pasting the link wherever.
  • Copy the transcript – Copy the full textual transcript by clicking the Copy icon next to the Search bar. Paste the copied text wherever.
  • Resume auto scroll – Continue watching the interactive recording and follow along with the transcription.

Meeting History page 

• Play recording – Open the Transcriptions page for that recording.
  • Share the link – Share the transcripts link with attendees by clicking Copy link in the Recording options drop-down list.
  • Delete the recording – Delete the recording completely by clicking Delete in the Recording options drop-down list.

NoteTranscriptions currently only supports English. The features that are available on your account may vary depending on your subscription plan

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
16 REPLIES 16
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Kevin,

GoToMeeting does not offer this service, but perhaps another community member will have a recommendation.

Active Contributor

Thank you Glenn.  I'm hoping a member will have some suggestions.
New Contributor

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How to create an auto-generated text transcript from a recorded video of a webina....

My team would like to create an automatically generated text transcript of the audio of a recorded webinar session. Is this possible?

I had selected the "Convert the recording" option already after the webinar ended and I have the video file which has both clear visuals and audio. Thanks!
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Cynthia,

This isn't something we currently support however there are 3rd party companies that can do this for you. I believe YouTube can also do this now for your uploaded recordings.

Respected Contributor

When I need an ADA compatible video, I upload it to YouTube rather than GTW.  YouTube will automatically add close captioning, which you can edit, in case they misunderstand words.

As Glenn said, there are companies that will charge you to do this kind of work.

You might find a secretary or a college student who is willing to listen to the video and create a transcript for you.
New Contributor

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Is there a possibility in GoToWebinar to record a written transcript of what is b....

Is there a possibility in GoToWebinar to record a written transcript of what is being presented even if it may not be perfect but could be easily edited after? YouTube offers something similar. I am hoping you do , too.
New Contributor

We do transcriptions from all types of meetings and conference.   Cost is per minute.  Reach out to me.  
Active Contributor

I appreciate that Catherine.  I had to come up with a solution awhile back, so although I'm using another transcription service, I am curious about your service and rates.  Do you have a website I could check into?
New Contributor

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Is there a way to transcribe a recorded call?.

I want to record a call with a client, and then would like to have that recorded call transcribed into words. Is that an option?