cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Echo cancelling

We are an AV integration firm that is trying to implement several ceiling mics into a training room that uses a PC and Go to meeting. I can mix them down and get them in the mic input of the PC however, Im not sure how the echo cancelling is handled in Go to Meeting. Can anyone enlighten me?

4 REPLIES 4
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Echo cancelling

@TrooperHales  GoToMeeting has some advanced audio settings for VoIP within the local desktop application Preferences:

AudioAdvancedPrefs.PNG

If you are experiencing audio feedback I would try disabling these advanced preferences.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks for the info however it doesnt answer my question. Someting has to AEC these 4 mics. Should I have my own processing do it before it gets to the pc (as a mono signal) or does the soft codec handle the AEC?

Im just not familiar with Go to Meeting.....sorry.

LogMeIn Contributor

@TrooperHales  Yes, it definintely helps to have a single input for GoToMeeting to pick up microphone audio.  Stereo settings have been known to cause issues in some cases, but the results can vary.

New Contributor

Echo cancellation aims to remove the echo that is heard when talking on the phone, either via landline or digital communication such as VoIP. The echo is one's own voice being transmitted back from the other end due to various reasons Walgreenslistens.