cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Experiencing echo during calls

GoToMeeting echoes when connected through my computer. It's horrendous. Even with my keyboard muted and a gotomeeting activated, I'll call in with my mobile and it will still have an echo. I didn't have this problem two months ago. But now, every call has it. Boo

I am SO frustrated with your product. It has been echoing so badly when connected through my mac I can't run my sales calls.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Experiencing echo during calls

Hi there,

Echo on a session is usually the result of some sort of feedback coming into the line from someone that is joined on that session, such as the organizer or one of the attendees.  The organizer can try to determine the source of echo by muting people individually and optimizing their setup. 

Please see this support document for additional troubleshooting steps:  https://support.logmeininc.com/gotomeeting/help/how-do-i-fix-audio-feedback-echo-static-during-my-se...

13 REPLIES 13
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Peter,
Sorry to hear that.

My suggestion would be to turn down the volume of your speakers if you're the one presenting. 

If you're using a headset, then echos should never occur, and we can investigate specific hardware if needed.

New Contributor

I'm the host or presenter of the call, and one of my attendees is talking and the echo is ridiculous. Please help.

Thank you,

Angela

Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Hi there,

Echo on a session is usually the result of some sort of feedback coming into the line from someone that is joined on that session, such as the organizer or one of the attendees.  The organizer can try to determine the source of echo by muting people individually and optimizing their setup. 

Please see this support document for additional troubleshooting steps:  https://support.logmeininc.com/gotomeeting/help/how-do-i-fix-audio-feedback-echo-static-during-my-se...

Active Contributor

Hello -

We are experiencing a bad echo as the presenter in GoToWebinar.  All other participants were muted. We have tested three different audio devices and have had the same results:

• Logitech USB headset (H650e)
  • Yeti Microphone
  • Internal mic & speakers

With each test, we have disabled all other recording and playback devices in the Sounds settings and lowered the volume on the speakers both in Windows and on the headset / yeti per the instructions on the troubleshooting guide.  We are running Windows Enterprise SP1 on an HP laptop.

Is there any other steps we can take to address the issue?  

LogMeIn Contributor

@DMZS  To ensure it's not the webinar itself, I would try dialing in from a telephone and using the Mute All button in the GoToWebinar control panel once the Organizer PIN has been accepted.

Active Contributor

Thanks for the reply!  Unfortunately, we do not have dial-in numbers available on our Webinar account, only computer audio.

LogMeIn Contributor

@DMZS  Another way to test the connection would be to use just a single device plugged into a test PC at your current location.  Connect to the VoIP audio, and start the broadcast.  Then dial in as an Attendee and listen for any echos.

New Contributor

I'm also having this issue and I only had my Logitech headset plugged in.  I had all other recording/speaker options disabled on my laptop.  Any help would be most appreciated.

Thank you.

Active Contributor

We tested each device one at a time to the laptop and had one participant log in on their laptop, who detected the echos.  It's very puzzling.