cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Folders under GoToMeeting folder

Our Amazon account was hacked this morning and I have been looking at my PC for any unusual activity. One unusual thing is that GoToMeeting shows as installed today and I haven't installed used it in a while, and didn't think it updated automatically, only when used.

There are lots of folders in AppData\Local\GoToMeeting going back a couple of years since I got this PC. There are two from earlier today, when I wasn't even at my PC. Is this normal? Are there any logs that show what happened?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Folders under GoToMeeting folder

Hi @AstroKat,

The GoToMeeting software automatically updates in the background, this so that you are not required to install when you are trying to join your meeting. The automatic updates process should also remove older versions that have been retired but, it sounds like that may have failed on your PC. If you uninstall GoToMeeting normally through the Windows control panel, it will remove all of the old versions as well.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
2 REPLIES
LogMeIn Manager

Hi @AstroKat,

The GoToMeeting software automatically updates in the background, this so that you are not required to install when you are trying to join your meeting. The automatic updates process should also remove older versions that have been retired but, it sounds like that may have failed on your PC. If you uninstall GoToMeeting normally through the Windows control panel, it will remove all of the old versions as well.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
New Contributor

Thank you!

We're still dealing with the fallout of the Amazon hack, changing passwords, etc. Seems it was the "social engineering" type of attack where they call Amazon and know enough to get an email change which they can then use to do a password reset. Amazon needs to plug this loophole...

I'm less concerned now that it was some type of phishing hack on our PCs but thanks for the info about the updates!