cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Re: GTM Error - "Technical Difficulties"

No resolution yet, I'm afraid.  I have sent the log files generated by the connectin wizard to my IT support team as well as GoToMeeting support, and I'm waiting to hear if they figure anything out.

LogMeIn Manager

Hi @rjonessoar 

Thank you for sending in the connection wizard results. Looking through them, one thing that does stand out is that during the IP range test only 10 of the 30 succeeded. I would have your IT review the information we have here: https://support.logmeininc.com/gotomeeting/help/optimal-firewall-configuration-g2m060010 

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
New Contributor

I am watching this thread for resolution.

I have the same issue very recently, now I'm dependent on the browser version.

LogMeIn Manager

Hi @cctopazi 

Can you provide some more details?

• Do you use a PC or a Mac?
  • What version of the operating system does it run?
  • Personal or company computer?
  • Personal or company network? 
  • Do you see any error messages displayed if you try to use the desktop software?

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
New Contributor

Following this thread closely as I'm having what seems to be the same issue while using the desktop client (I have not tried downloading the full app as I have no need to host meetings).

GoToMeeting Desktop client (8.39.3.11748)

• Do you use a PC or a Mac?
    • PC
  • What version of the operating system does it run?
    • Windows 10 64-bit
  • Personal or company computer?
    • Personal computer
  • Personal or company network? 
    • Personal network
  • Do you see any error messages displayed if you try to use the desktop software?
    • Attempts to connect but ends with "GoToMeeting has experienced technical difficulties. Please try again."

Unable to connect to meetings. This started last Friday afternoon while connecting to a weekly meeting I'll call meeting ID "A". Earlier that morning, I was able to join a different daily meeting (I'll call it meeting ID "B").  I also have another weeking meeting I'll call C that occurs on Tuesday afternoons that I've been unable to connect to. Meetings A and C are hosted by the same person so I initially thought the problem was on their end.

I've been able to connect to my daily meeting B fine up until this morning. 

I've tried all of the following (in order) with no change:

1. Restarting my PC
  2. Uninstalling and reinstalling both GoToMeeting and the GoTo Opener
  3. Restarted all network equipment in my home
  4. Disabling both my firewall and virus protection
  5. Clearing all cookies (since I'm launching the meetings from links in an email)
  6. Using the link address in a different browser (Edge instead of Chrome, my default)

From the same computer and network connection, I seem to be able to connect via https://app.gotomeeting.com but I've not had the opportunity yet to fully join a meeting. I can get to the point where the app states the name of the meeting and that it is waiting for the host to join.

New Contributor

My scenario is almost identical to @ra_l's except I haven’t been unable to get  past the 'technical difficulties' error for any meeting since Monday morning.  I ran the G2MWizard and see similar connection errors as @rjonessoar, but I turned off my av and firewall plus attempted connections from a different network so I don’t see how anything could be blocked.  I am also able to connect to Join.me, Zoom and Skype meetings without issue. Frustratingly, the only meeting app I have a paid subscription for isn’t working…  

New Contributor

My organization's IT Support team has reviewed everything, and they still find no problems on our end.

I also tried connecting with my firewall completely disabled.  Same error.

I also tried logging into a different, previously unused account on my laptop and joining a meeting. Same error.

The session log files always end with this:

2019-02-22 07:51:53.781 PST i: [g2mcomm] <Main> Creating process: "...\g2mlauncher.exe" "StartID={8E5034D8-1598-46CF-B57D-43C019409FCF}&Debug=Off&Stat=On&StatDb=On&Index=0"
2019-02-22 07:52:38.794 PST E: [g2mcomm] <Main> Error at , commagentapp.cpp:494
(2024) "ECError::eTimeout"
"g2mlauncher.exe" process did not respond within 45 seconds.
Error returned at , ipcpluginhost.cpp:198
Error returned at , pluginprovider.cpp:61
Error returned at , commagentapp.cpp:138

New Contributor

I've done some more experiments:

* Tried running the GoToMeeting Connection Wizard again, this time with the firewall turned off.  No change, the desktop app still fails.

* Turned the firewall back on.

* Tried starting a meeting using the web app instead of the default desktop app. Success.

* Tried downloading the Microsoft Store app and starting a meeting from that. Success.

* Tried starting a meeting from the Microsoft Store app, but clicking on "Switch to Desktop App" when it asks.  Completely hangs with no error message.

* Tried starting a meeting (again) using the Desktop app. Still fails with the "Technical Difficulties" error message after the 45-second timeout.

Seems pretty clear the problem is with the Desktop App.  I guess at least I can use the web app or the Microsoft Store app for the time being.  I join @cmaccormack , however, in observing the irony of this being the one conferencing service we pay for, and I can't use it with the main, fully functional app.

LogMeIn Contributor

@rjonessoar @cmaccormack @ra_l   We are still investigating the problem currently, and it is high priority.  While I don't believe they will roll out another version for at least several days, I can offer you a temporary downgrade, which should get you through this rough patch for the next couple of weeks. 

I appreciate your patience with this matter.  If you want to confirm your login address, click on my Community name to send me a private message with the correct email spelling.

Update March 6th :  Through testing, we have identified certain audio software as the cause of this issue. We are continuing to investigate and work towards a resolution. In the meantime, the following workaround can be used:

• Open Windows Task Manager
  • Under Name Background Processes look for Nahimic tasks or AlienWare Sound Center, or Sonic Suite 3 tasks and End Task on all of them
  • Under Startup tab
  • Look for Nahimic audio drivers or AlienWare Sound Center
  • Disable
  • Quit and restart GoToMeeting b11748
  • GoToMeeting will now work

New Contributor

PC

Windows 10 Pro

Company, I'm a consultant

Network - my company, phone tether, client's WIFI

The same error they see.

Presentations are vital to my work, and this presented itself the same timeframe as the other posters.

I need this to be resolved ASAP - if a temporary downgrade is possible, I will install the MSI, or I will have to purchase another product.