cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjx
New Contributor

GTM Web prompts for Audio and Name every time

Hello - I've been using the GTM web-browser version for quite a while.  Last week it prompted me for my audio (Use Computer or Phone.... pick your Speakers & Mic) settings, which had a Save & Continue button.   I did this.

Then it prompted me for my Name and Email address.  Okay.  I figured it was a product upgrade and the system needed fresh data/settings.

But since last week it has continued to prompt me (again) for this data on every meeting that I attend.  It started around 8/10/2020.

I use Windows 10 and Chrome browser (using: Version 84.0.4147.125).   I've cleared all cookies and local-storage objects that belong to *.gotomeeting.com with no luck.

Ideas what to try next?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: GTM Web prompts for Audio and Name every time

Hello,

I'm not aware of any permanent settings that would remember your name/email combination in the GoToMeeting web app, so it may be that your browser is blocking the caching attempt or similar.  Do you have any security plugins there that might be doing something like this?

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
mjx
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply.   

It's been working fine for a year or so.  I have 2 plugins, both installed for more than a year, neither blocks web content (password manager and the Redux dev tool).

Now, everytime I enter a meeting I'm asked "Web or App", then it asks which Audio system to use.  And finally, after the meeting begins I'm asked to type my Name & Email.

My co-works had similar issues.  They were prompted to enter their name & email several times, but thankfully stopped for them.   However, they are all still prompted to choose their audio choices each time (even though Save & Continue is the button).

Something changed a week ago and I can't figure out what it is. A new Chrome feature? Web update? Windows update?  There are cookies in the browser belonging to gotomeeting.com (which I've deleted several times hoping to reset).   

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Do you know if you are able to preserve the GoToMeeting cookies after each meeting ends?

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!