cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tamang
New Contributor

GTM invite doesn't have telephone number, possible to join it via telephone?

Hello everyone,

Suppose I create a GTM meeting without including any telephone numbers. Can someone still join it via telephone considering that the dial in numbers are static and the meeting code is visible in the invite?

I tried it myself and GTM said some error. Just wanted to know if anyone else has tried it.

5 REPLIES 5
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: GTM invite doesn't have telephone number, possible to join it via telephone?

Hi @Tamang,

The conference call numbers change from meeting to meeting unless you schedule the meeting as recurring or a meeting room. If someone has the meeting link they will see the conference number in their control panel when they join.

If you are concerned about someone guessing the conference number and dialing the access code that they obtained from an invite it is technically possible, but they would show up as an unidentified caller in your attendee list and you could dismiss them. If you schedule your meeting as computer audio only, all attendees will have to join through the software and all would be clearly visible.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
Tamang
New Contributor

Re: GTM invite doesn't have telephone number, possible to join it via telephone?

@GlennDI just checked, conference toll free number didn't change when I created another test meeting.

Can you also comment on the test I did, in which I could not join through phone after inputting meeting code. The only difference was that I deselected all telephone options while setting up the call.

Ideally, GTM should just disable all call in numbers if they were not selected by the organizer while creating the meeting.

We can also hide the meeting code by using personalized link. Of course, it will still be visible in control panel.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Tamang   Although the meeting ID won't change on you, it is possible to edit the audio options of an upcoming meeting -- which is why your access code wasn't accepted after you disabled telephone dial in options. 

In your case I would suggest setting your default audio preferences in the online account so it's less work for you when scheduling new events:  https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/set-default-audio-options-g2m020003 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Tamang
New Contributor

I had setup a meeting recently without selecting any dial in options but during the meeting someone (as caller1 , 2, 3 etc) continuously kept joining via telephone so I kept dismissing the caller.

It was unexpected for me or may it is the way GTM is?

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Tamang  That should never happen if you do not see a telephone dial-in option on your GoToMeeting audio pane.  Please get us the affected meeting ID should you see that again.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!