cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
clara4
Active Contributor

Give Macs Preferences Option To Auto-Save Chat Logs

Is there any update on this feature for Mac users.  To have a preference setting to save chat logs by default?

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: where can I find the chat log?.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Can I still access my chat log on my Mac?

@PJ2 @clara4 @dawngluskin 

Great news!  You can now set up your Mac OS to automatically save GoToMeeting Chat Logs!

Reference release notes:  https://community.logmein.com/t5/GoToMeeting-News/GoToMeeting-Desktop-App-v8-37-0-b10996-Release-Not...

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
dawngluskin
New Contributor

Can I still access my chat log on my Mac?

I couldn't figure out how to save my chat log prior to ending my session.  😞  I have a recording, but it's audio & video only.  No chat. Is there any way to still retrieve it?  I'm on a Mac.
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Dawn,

I'm sorry no, once the meeting has ended the Chatlog is no longer available to save. 

If you had any Co-Organizers, did they save the chat log to their own PC?

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
clara4
Active Contributor

Can chat logs be saved by default if I am using a MAC?

Can chat logs be saved by default if I am using a MAC or is this option still only available for PCs?
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Can chat logs be saved by default if I am using a MAC?

Hi Clara,

At this time Chat logs still need to be manually saved if you are using a Mac. If you are not the person hosting the meeting, you will want to make sure you save them before the host ends the meeting for everyone.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
clara4
Active Contributor

if i am not the host and I save the chat log but some one add something after will I only get the log up until the point I saved?
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Clara,
That is correct:  If you click 'Save Chat Log' manually, you are then prompted to name and locate this file.  At that point, the file is finalized, and no longer communicates with GoToMeeting.  For this reason, I usually wait till the Organizer is done with their presentation before saving my own Chat logs.

PJ2
New Contributor

Seriously? That's crazy. Why wouldn't you make it saved by default? 

I just ran a session and need the chat log! I'm sure it used to save automatically. Maybe I was running sessions in the past on PC. I'm on a Mac now. 

Come on, GTT, you can do this. It's an easy one, surely, especially for paying clients like us. 

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

@PJ2 @clara4 @dawngluskin 

Great news!  You can now set up your Mac OS to automatically save GoToMeeting Chat Logs!

Reference release notes:  https://community.logmein.com/t5/GoToMeeting-News/GoToMeeting-Desktop-App-v8-37-0-b10996-Release-Not...

View solution in original post

PJ2
New Contributor

Thanks Ash, but I don't see that option. I should have the latest GTT version, since I have auto-updates turned on, and nothing appears in App Store 'updates'.