cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aschtainer
New Contributor

Go To Meeting Upgrade Concerns

Good day. I share a series of questions that a GotoMeeting user has asked me.
Maybe more advanced users can help me answer
thank you.

• The attendee portion has always been part of a multi-purpose pane.  In the previous version you can manipulate that multi-purpose pane and make the attendee portion a stand-alone pane.  The loss of that capability limits the number of attendees that you can monitor at one time (max of 7 or 8).  This will limit the number of students that we can enroll in our scheduled classes and some of our on-demand classes. 
  • The chat portion has always been part of a multi-purpose pane.  In the previous version you can manipulate that multi-purpose pane and make the chat portion a stand-alone pane.  The loss of that capability inhibits monitoring attendee chats.  The attendee chats are used for question submission, technical issue notification and exercise completion alerts.
  • The shared screen freeze option was a feature in the previous version.  It seems to be eliminated.  I used this feature often during student exercises.  During those exercises the slide image shown details the workbook pages to use, the exercise steps to accomplish, the average time required, and the goal time for a completion.  The freeze option allowed me to keep that screen displayed while I recall the HelpSystems software and make preparation for the next demonstration.  My new process follows.
  1. Recall the software screen (temporarily obscuring the exercise slide).
  2. Drag the software screen to another monitor
  3. Make my preparations
  4. Drag the software screen back to the primary monitor (temporarily obscuring the exercise slide).
  5. Minimize the software screen
  • There were some concerns initially regarding seeing everyone on the call in their own little window, but many of them have had several calls with the new interface and they feel they are getting used to it.  Please note that we are not sharing any videos, they are just sharing information/PowerPoints, so maybe that makes a difference. 

• The team wanted more time to get used to this new interface before we jump into anything new. No heads up on this from IT. 

• Connectivity/reliability and user’s not being familiar with the functionality (screen sharing, etc.) as compared to other conferencing solutions, but we believe this may have been either user error or connectivity limitations.
  • Every recording expires within a week!
    1. It used to be a year, by default but now is only 7 days.

1. You have to change it from the settings:

1 REPLY 1
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Go To Meeting Upgrade Concerns

Hi there,

I understand the surprise if you were not expecting to receive the new GoToMeeting experience, and want to reassure you we continue to take customer feedback and make adjustments for improvement.

Should your team need more time to get used to the new view, you may also revert back temporarily in this manner: https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/go-back-to-the-old-gotomeeting-view 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!