cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Go to Meetings Batch Script in AppData\Local\Temp\ folder

We have application whitelisting through Group Policy, we block all bat scripts running in a users AppData folder. When an batch script is blocked I get an email notifying me. 

Whenever a user joins a G2M batch script is executed from the AppData\Local\Temp\ folder. The user joins the session successfully, but I then get an email notifying me of a batch script being blocked. It is quite annoying. 

I have updated the client to the latest G2M MSI, but the issue still occurs. Any idea what this batch script is for and what it is doing. Here is an example. 

C:\Users\PROFILENAME\AppData\Local\Temp\57A67081-8B01-4017-A062-1756DE60FA9B.bat
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Go to Meetings Batch Script in AppData\Local\Temp\ folder

Hi,

I apologize for the delay in getting back to you about this, it slipped off my radar but I have an explanation for you now. 

The script is used to remove our Opener App from the user's Downloads directory after the User has successfully completed the join flow. The Opener App should only need to be installed the one time and from then on it will update itself and run whenever the User clicks on a GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar or GoToTraining join link. This also means that the script should only have to run the once to remove the Opener. 

Since you are seeing it run multiple time I'd like to request the log files from some of the affected PCs, so our team can review them and understand why that is happening. You can find our log files here %Temp%\CitrixLogs
please upload them to 

It is my understanding that other customers have whitelisted the script based on its content, so we have left it unchanged to prevent causing any issues for them. We are reviewing this process after getting your feedback.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Tres,

We are researching this and will get back to you.

New Contributor

If you need more information about this let me know and I'll be glad to help. 
New Contributor

I was able to grab the batch script today, the batch script contains the following:

set batch=%~0shift
set exe=%~0
shift
:delexe
del "%exe%"
if exist "%exe%" goto delexe
:rmdir
set dir=%~0
if "%dir%" == "" goto finish
shift
rmdir "%dir%"
goto rmdir
:finish
del "%batch%"
New Contributor

I can confirm that this is indeed a issue for those of us who use application white-listing.  Is there any update as to why the program needs a batch file in order to run correctly? In addition, the batch file name changes every time gotowebinar tries to launch.  
New Contributor

Good to know I'm not the only one. 
New Contributor

Yeah it looks like we are going to be trying Cisco Webex as a different option to get away from this product. 
LogMeIn Manager

Hi,

I apologize for the delay in getting back to you about this, it slipped off my radar but I have an explanation for you now. 

The script is used to remove our Opener App from the user's Downloads directory after the User has successfully completed the join flow. The Opener App should only need to be installed the one time and from then on it will update itself and run whenever the User clicks on a GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar or GoToTraining join link. This also means that the script should only have to run the once to remove the Opener. 

Since you are seeing it run multiple time I'd like to request the log files from some of the affected PCs, so our team can review them and understand why that is happening. You can find our log files here %Temp%\CitrixLogs
please upload them to 

It is my understanding that other customers have whitelisted the script based on its content, so we have left it unchanged to prevent causing any issues for them. We are reviewing this process after getting your feedback.

New Contributor

Not sure about others, but our group policy prevents all exe and batch files from running from Temp folders or user directories. There is an exception made for the G2M application because that executable contains an approved certificate, Citrix Online. 

However this batch script is not directly part of the executable that has a certificate, it is a standalone batch file. We would attempt to make an exception for it but since it is a batch file we can not certificate exception it and since it's name changes every time we can't name exception it. I'd be interested to know how other customers whitelist this batch script based on its content when the directory and file name change every time it is launched. 

I'll try to get you some logs. 
LogMeIn Manager

Thanks Tres, makes sense. If the batch script isn't allowed to run the worst that should happen is the Opener.exe is left in the user Downloads folder. They could always manually delete it if they wanted.