cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

GoTo Meeting on Windows 2016 Remote Desktop Service

Hi,
we use Windows 2016 Remote Desktop Service (on VM) with GoTo Meeting.
If GoToMeeting is used by more users (same server and others in the RDS Farm), the CPU usage from the terminal server increases to 100%. This disturbs the whole VMWare cluster!
If it a problem with multicast or DNS?
GotToMeeting is called via the browser (Internet Explorer 11).

Is it better to install GoToMeeting on the server?
Which download should be taken?
Download at
Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 or 10
or
Windows 8
Thank you for an answer
Best regards
wolf

5 REPLIES 5
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: GoTo Meeting on Windows 2016 Remote Desktop Service

Hi wolf ,

I would suspect the problems there are partly caused by a conflict by the VM and GoToMeeting screen capturing attempts, but I can't be certain from here.  We'll see if what you're doing is possible (not really designed for that environment), and try to update this post with new information.

To answer your questions,

• When you click a GoToMeeting join link, it will start the default web browser to see if the user can run the launcher / desktop software.  Users may also manually join without a web browser (through the desktop software) by entering the 9-digit meeting ID while launching the endpoint.
  • While installing GoToMeeting on servers is a common practice, it depends how it is deployed.  I would suggest the MSI installation in your case.

New Contributor

Hi,

the installation on the Remote Desktop Server is not possible! The installation is only carried out in the current profile. An installation under program is not apparent.

Best Regards

Wolf

New Contributor

Hi, as from my experience in Windows 2012R2 RDS:

- Gotomeeting is CPU intensive, no way to reduce CPU Usage; limit usage or add vCPUs

- up to 8.21 if run the installer as Administrator it installs for  all-users, in c:\program files (x86)

- if run as standard users it installs per-user in user profile

- starting with 8.22, if installers runs as Administrator it asks if you want to install for all-users or per-user

- msi installer available here: https://support.logmeininc.com/gotomeeting/help/install-via-msi-windows-g2m010013

- but only tha latest version is available

- Ten multi-build installer installs versions from 8.12 to 8.21 for all-users, 8.22 and 8.24 per-user (is a nightmare...)

Download also the Multi user launcher and install it: https://support.logmeininc.com/gotomeeting/help/what-is-the-multi-user-launcher-opener-msi-g2m850002

Hope this helps

Highlighted
Active Contributor

GoToMeeting on a Microsoft RDS Server

Hello,

What is the correct/best method to install gotomeeting on a Windows RDS server?

Thank you.

New Contributor

@fconsonni wrote:

Hi, as from my experience in Windows 2012R2 RDS:

- Gotomeeting is CPU intensive, no way to reduce CPU Usage; limit usage or add vCPUs

- up to 8.21 if run the installer as Administrator it installs for  all-users, in c:\program files (x86)

- if run as standard users it installs per-user in user profile

- starting with 8.22, if installers runs as Administrator it asks if you want to install for all-users or per-user

- msi installer available here: https://support.logmeininc.com/gotomeeting/help/install-via-msi-windows-g2m010013

- but only tha latest version is available

- Ten multi-build installer installs versions from 8.12 to 8.21 for all-users, 8.22 and 8.24 per-user (is a nightmare...)

Download also the Multi user launcher and install it: https://support.logmeininc.com/gotomeeting/help/what-is-the-multi-user-launcher-opener-msi-g2m850002...mycfavisit

Hope this helps

I would suspect the problems there are partly caused by a conflict by the VM and GoToMeeting screen capturing attempts, but I can't be certain from here.  We'll see if what you're doing is possible (not really designed for that environment), and try to update this post with new information.