cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jjsmits99
New Contributor

GoTo Meeting with Poly Room

We have a video conference room (Teams) setup where video is displayed on the left and presentation is on the right.

If I forward a meeting from another source (WebEx, Zoom, etc.) that's how those meetings are displayed.

GoToMeetings however, only display on the left display (Video). It's like a separate content channel doesn't open up for well, content.  It's like the H.239 channel doesn't get established.

Does anyone know if this is the "norm" or can point me at any other documentation?

Just verifying, as the tech I contacted didn't seem to know, but was also going to do more checking.

Josh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: GoTo Meeting with Poly Room

That's right -- we don't support H.239 yet, though we may do so in the future.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi Josh,

Have you already checked out the documentation on our support site for creating special links to video conference systems?

Ref: https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/inroom-link-for-video-conference-rooms-and-systems-g2m220010

jjsmits99
New Contributor

Thank you, I did, but that only covers InRoom link in this case.  The only thing I got was that InRoom is meant to provide a simplified connection - and maybe that is just the answer.

I can see the connection on H.323 just fine.  But in a WebEx meeting when content is shared, it opens up an H.239 over which the content is shared on the second screen we have setup.

GoTo doesn't appear to do this with their meetings.  So wondering if this is by design, and that's just the way it is.  Or something needs to change in the programming on our side to account for when GoTo meetings are forwarded to those rooms.

Thank you,

Josh

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

That's right -- we don't support H.239 yet, though we may do so in the future.