cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Active Contributor

GoToMeeting Not Splitting Organizer Content Between Dual Screens (LifeSize)

Good morning all,

Our Conference Room Hardware

LifeSize Icon 600 Unit with following 4x attached devices:

• LifeSize Phone 2nd Generation
  • LifeSize Camera 10x
  • 2x LED TVs

Our Software

Mac OS X Mojave (latest version)

Windows 10 x64 (latest version)

GoToMeeting, Zoom, BlueJeans and accompanying Outlook Scheduling software (all latest versions).

Issue

We recently migrated from BlueJeans to GoToMeeting as our primary video conferencing platform. We still hold licenses for BlueJeans and also Zoom for evaluation.

We are encountering an issue with GoToMeeting that is not present with both BlueJeans and Zoom solutions.

When connecting to a BlueJeans or Zoom meeting with our LIfeSize 600 unit, if the organizer shares both their webcam and additional content such as screen or an application like PowerPoint our LifeSize system will place the webcam video feed on the left TV and the additional shared content on the right TV. (see photos below)

When connecting to a GoToMeeting meeting with the same settings, both the webcam video feed and shared content are only displayed on the left TV. The additional content takes up the majority of the screen with a thumbnail of the webcam placed to the left. (see photo below)

I have already contacted LifeSize who confirmed our firmware versions were up-to-date. They also checked our LifeSize 600 settings and confirmed they were correct for our dual TV setup. Amending these settings would result in incorrect display of content on both TVs. The settings do not allow for any manipulation of incoming data for video conferences.

With 2 out of 3 conferencing solutions working flawlessly I feel like the issue resides with GoToMeeting as opposed to our hardware setup.

I had previously called GoToMeeting via phone but after a long conversation, the advice given was to make a post in the community forums for the Devs to see. They mentioned that customers had claimed success with the LIfeSize 600 unit but it was not officially supported and whilst I would agree it does work flawlessly on a single TV setup, there does not appear to be dual TV functionality.

I would like to ask what the next steps would be to successfully share a GoToMeeting meeting on two screens with the left showing the organizers webcam and the right their shared presentation.

Thanks very much in advance for any responses.

BlueJeansMeeting.jpgZoomMeeting.jpgGoToMeetingMeeting.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: GoToMeeting Not Splitting Organizer Content Between Dual Screens (LifeSize)

@PRGriff   If you have already confirmed that InRoom is set correctly on your account, you can expect LMI support for multi-monitor conference room systems in the coming months.  We will certainly update the Community with more information as it becomes available.

4 REPLIES 4
LogMeIn Contributor

@PRGriff   I see what you're saying.  Have you checked out the GoToMeeting InRoom options for H.323 compatible devices?

Reference:  https://support.logmeininc.com/gotomeeting/help/inroom-link-for-video-conference-rooms-and-systems-g...

Active Contributor

@AshC Hi Ash, thanks for your response.

I logged in to our GoToMeeting Admin portal and can confirm the "InRoom Link for Video Conferencing Rooms & Systems" option is enabled.

InRoomEnabled.jpg

It mentions this option is only available on meetings scheduled with GoToMeeting 100 & Plus. I confirm all our users scheduling meetings have a GoToMeeting Plus license.

This is how our LifeSize 600 unit looks when we dial in to a GoToMeeting meeting. Please not the IP address is the actual IP we use, the meeting number is not an actual meeting, just an example. We always ensure both Video and H.323 options are enabled for Video calls. If we are making audio calls we select Voice and SIP together instead.

LifeSize Call Settings.jpg

It seems we have enabled and are choosing the correct settings, can you advise what we can try next?

Thanks in advance for your response.

C.

LogMeIn Contributor

@PRGriff   If you have already confirmed that InRoom is set correctly on your account, you can expect LMI support for multi-monitor conference room systems in the coming months.  We will certainly update the Community with more information as it becomes available.

Active Contributor

@AshC Fantastic, thanks for the confirmation Ash. Have a pleasant day.