cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Active Contributor

GoToMeeting Pro Version - 40mins Call

Hello,

I am subscribed to GoToMeeting Pro Version. Whenever I start a call, it gives an error "Meetings on free accounts are limited to 40 minutes. Upgrade now to enjoy unlimited meeting time."  and the call automatically ends after 40mins.

I was earlier subscribed to GoToMeeting Starter and I thought the 40mins issue is due to Starter pack. So, today I upgraded my Starter account to Pro account, however the issue still exists.

Also, when I open my account settings, it keeps saying under the License section that:

• GoToMeeting Pro License: 0 out of 1 in use
  • GoToMeeting Free License: 1 out of 1 in use

I am unable to understand why is the call being terminated after 40mins, and why the account is showing Free License?

Can anyone help in this regard please?

Please also note that the email ID used to create this account is not a business email ID. It's simple a GMAIL account. Does it matter??

For reference, I have attached the pictures of error message and my account settings.

Regards,

AMNadeem

Call - Error Message 40mins.pngError Message for 40mins call

Account Settings - Active License.pngLicense showing Free Account, and not the Pro Account

My Active Plan (GoToMeeting Pro).pngProof of my Active subscription

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: GoToMeeting Pro Version - 40mins Call

Hi AMNadeem, 

be careful here, don't click on delete. 
Instead click on your username again to drill down into your user's product management view where you will find the views I shared above. 

Kind regards, 
Thomas

7 REPLIES 7
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi AMNadeem, 

thanks for reporting this issue. 
I have reached out to some colleagues and have been provided with the following information. 

You have successfully subscribed to the Pro version of GoToMeeting, but still need to assign this license to a user (in that case: yourself).

You could try to go to your GoToMeetings Admin Center. You should find a "Manage Users" category, and in there should be an entry for your user. In the user settings you should find something like the following, listing all your products: 

AdminCenter_1.png

By clicking onto the pencil icon, you will get the possibility to edit this list, which should look like the following. Select the Pro Version here: 

AdminCenter_2.png

After saving, it should look like this:

AdminCenter_3.png

If this does not work out for you, can you please provide the email address that has been used for activation of this account? You can send it to me using a direct message, so that it does not get exposed here.

Kind regards, 
Thomas 

Active Contributor

Hi @ThomasMeschke 

Many thanks for your response.

I just went into the Admin Center > Manage Users. I can see following:

Admin Center.png

Do I need to delete this user account?

I am just afraid if this will delete my overall account (?) as it is not showing "GoToMeeting Pro" in my list of products.

Please also refer to the "Licenses" section which shows 0 out of 1 in use for the GoToMeeting Pro.

My email ID is mannan.747@gmail.com.

Thank you.

Regards,

AMNadeem

LogMeIn Contributor

Hi AMNadeem, 

be careful here, don't click on delete. 
Instead click on your username again to drill down into your user's product management view where you will find the views I shared above. 

Kind regards, 
Thomas

Active Contributor

Hi @ThomasMeschke 

Wonderful, that helped! I have successfully deactivated the FREE account and that fixed the issue.

Many thanks for your assistance. Much appreciated!

Can I ask another question here?

I was earlier subscribed to GoToMeeting Starter licnese which was sufficient for my level of usage. I activated Pro version only in the try to get rid of that 40mins call issue. Do you think the GoToMeeting Starter pack has the 40mins call issue? If not, I might prefer going back to that license.

Regards,

AMNadeem

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi AMNadeem,

I have asked my colleagues and got informed that G2M Starter has no time limitations besides the normal 2 hour timeout when there is no activity in the session, meaning your meeting will be closed automatically when you are the only attendee for two hours.

Kind regards,
Thomas
Active Contributor

Hi @ThomasMeschke 

Perfect, thank you very much for all the support.

Regards,

AMNadeem

LogMeIn Contributor

Hi AMNadeem,

you are very welcome, glad I could help.

Kind regards,
Thomas