cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Active Contributor

GoToMeeting-Scheduler-for-Mac-does-not-format-hyperlinks

Hi TEAM, my first post was flagged as spam so I tried posting it again, also flagged as spam. This is a valid post for support on a current issue with GoToMeeting Scheduler for Mac. Please can you unflag it as spam. Kind regards, PRGriff. https://community.logmein.com/t5/GoToMeeting-Discussions/GoToMeeting-Scheduler-for-Mac-does-not-form...

Link to post: (GoToMeeting Scheduler for Mac does not format hyperlinks correctly)
by PRGriff

https://community.logmein.com/t5/GoToMeeting-Discussions/GoToMeeting-Scheduler-for-Mac-does-not-form...

Good morning all,

I would like to report an issue with the GoToMeeting Scheduler software for macOS.

As a foreword, I am running the most up-to-date versions of macOS Mojave, Outlook for Mac, GoToMeeting Scheduler, Zoom and BlueJeans Outlook add-in.

The current issue is when you click Schedule from the menu bar GoToMeeting Scheduler application on macOS, the meeting information that is pasted in to an Outlook Meeting does not format correctly. The entire meeting information remains in plain text including the meeting join link which if forwarded to attendees results in an unclickable link. Users must then copy and paste the link to a browser in order to use which is not a user-friendly experience.

I have previously spoken with GoToMeeting support on a 50 minute call. The issue was clearly explained and an agent connected to my computer to test the issue and other settings themselves. They confirmed the “Compose messages in HTML by default” option is ticked in Outlook Preferences as it should be (screenshot below). The agent also tried cutting and pasting the meeting information in to Outlook using the “Keep Source Formatting” and “Match Destination Formatting” paste options but the hyperlink is still not formatted correctly. They concluded the issue is with Outlook not receiving and formatting the meeting information correctly.

I would like to argue this is the not the case as I have both Zoom and BlueJeans scheduling software on the same machine and when meetings are scheduled with these applications (meeting information is pasted by the application in to an Outlook meeting) the same issue does not occur. Meeting links are formatted correctly with working hyperlinks (screenshots below).

As 2 out of 3 applications are working without issue I would say that the issue lies with the GoToMeeting Scheduler and how it is sending meeting information to Outlook. It appears the information being sent by GoToMeeting scheduler needs to be adjusted so it is sent in HTML or Rich Text format instead of plain text.

Please can I request assistance on this issue and possible forwarding to the Dev team for investigation.

Thank you kindly,

C

Apologies for the amount of screenshots...

Software Versions

GoToMeetingScheduler1.jpg

GoToMeeting Meeting created in Outlook

GoToMeetingScheduler2.png

GoToMeeting Meeting created in Outlook (Paste Options)

GoToMeetingScheduler3.jpg

Outlook Preferences

OutlookPreferences.jpg

BlueJeans Meeting created in Outlook #1

BlueJeansScheduler1.jpg

BlueJeans Meeting created in Outlook #2

BlueJeansScheduler2.jpg

Zoom Meeting created in Outlook #1

ZoomScheduler1.jpg

Zoom Meeting created in Outlook #2

ZoomScheduler2.jpg

This message has 0 replies

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Active Contributor

Re: GoToMeeting-Scheduler-for-Mac-does-not-format-hyperlinks

@AshC Thank you for the response. Whilst this is not the conclusion I was hoping for, it's obvious we have gone as far as we can go on the subject.

I would recommend this be a feature highlighted to the Dev team for future improvement. I actually ended up checking a Windows machine with Outlook and the GoToMeeting add-in and it appears the issue extends to that platform as well. This is functionality that your competitors Zoom and BlueJeans offer and works flawlessly so I don't feel it is beyond reasonable scope to get it working with GoToMeeting.

The ticket can be closed.

6 REPLIES 6
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @PRGriff ,

The truth is that GoToMeeting is creating simple text formatting for your emails and/or calendar appointments.  I have heard of one Outlook fix by changing the default web browser there to Safari...

Active Contributor

@AshC Hi Ash, thanks for the recommendation. I tried performing the following steps.

1. Closed/quit all browsers, Outlook and GoToMeeting Scheduler.
  2. Uninstalled all browsers (Chrome, FireFox and Safari) and ensured Safari was set as the default.
  3. Uninstalled GoToMeeting Scheduler, downloaded installer from website and reinstalled.
  4. Launched Outlook and GoToMeeting Scheduler.
  5. Used Schedule feature of GoToMeeting Scheduler.

Unfortunately the same issue occurs when the meeting information arrives in plain text without any formatting of the join meeting hyperlink.

If possible, can I request the LogMeIn team try to replicate the issue at your end and see if a solution can be implemented to resolve this.

Thanks again for your assistance.

C.

LogMeIn Contributor

@PRGriff  I am sorry, we have not been able to reproduce this on Outlook 2016.  Have you tried completely reinstalling Outlook and resetting all preferences to default?

Active Contributor

@AshC Hi Ash,

I've performed additional troubleshooting: -

Hardware: MacBook Pro 13” Retina (Early 2014) (MacBookPro11,1) (Same Machine as Before)

1. Restarted Mac in Recovery Mode and wiped hard drive.
  2. Installed fresh copy of Mojave macOS, current version: 10.14.4
  3. Logged in to fresh user account.
  4. Installed Microsoft Office 365 from Office.com.
  5. Launched Outlook for Mac - current version: 16.16.8
  6. Installed GoToMeeting Scheduler - current version: 1.2.3 (386)
  7. Logged in to Scheduler with LogMeIn credentials and clicked on Schedule Meeting.
  8. Outlook Meeting populates with meeting information in plain text. The meeting join link does not format to a clickable hyperlink – issue remains.
  9. Closed the Outlook meeting and quit GoToMeeting Scheduler.
  10. Installed all pending Microsoft Office updates.
  11. Launched Outlook for Mac - current (latest) version: 16.23 (190309)
  12. Launched GoToMeeting Scheduler, clicked on Schedule Meeting.
  13. Outlook Meeting populates with meeting information in plain text. The meeting join link does not format to a clickable hyperlink – issue remains.
  14. Installed latest versions of BlueJeans and Zoom applications with Outlook Scheduling tools.
  15. Tested scheduling a meeting with both BlueJeans and Zoom, the meeting information populates in an Outlook meeting with correct formatting and working hyperlinks.

As you can see from the steps performed, I can replicate this issue on a machine with: -

• Fresh installation of Mojave macOS
  • New user account
  • Fresh installation of Outlook for Mac with and without latest updates.
  • Most up-to-date version of GoToMeeting Scheduler
  • Only Safari browser was installed, I did not install any other internet browsers.
  • Outlook Preference "Compose messages in HTML by default" option is enabled.

Please advise on the next steps.

I would appreciate with the amount of troubleshooting and information provided from my side thus far that a considerable effort be made from the LogMeIn Support team to investigate this issue.

Thank you kindly.

C.

LogMeIn Contributor

@PRGriff  The meeting creation is going to be simple text, though as I mentioned the reception of this text into another application, and then being recognized as a url format is up to the email application itself.

In your case, everything looks as it should be with the GoToMeeting invite.  It's not something we offer as a feature with the invitation text (html coding).

Active Contributor

@AshC Thank you for the response. Whilst this is not the conclusion I was hoping for, it's obvious we have gone as far as we can go on the subject.

I would recommend this be a feature highlighted to the Dev team for future improvement. I actually ended up checking a Windows machine with Outlook and the GoToMeeting add-in and it appears the issue extends to that platform as well. This is functionality that your competitors Zoom and BlueJeans offer and works flawlessly so I don't feel it is beyond reasonable scope to get it working with GoToMeeting.

The ticket can be closed.