cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Active Contributor

GoToMeeting Starter not available for Pro or higher accounts

In my account options, I can only add licenses for Pro or Plus. I called support and they said I could not add any Starter licenses but they didn't know why. The only option I was given was to create a new account with a new email address - I am not changing my email address so do not suggest that as a solution.

Why can't I add a Starter license to my account? Starter licenses are clearly advertised on your website but are unavailable to me. This seems like false advertising.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Re: Unable to add GoToMeeting Starter

@AshC wrote:

@whitea2  OK -- we haven't enabled multiple tier subscriptions for GoToMeeting yet to online subscribers.  I believe this will be possible in the near future, though I don't have any ETA.  

Do you offer it to subscribers other than 'online subcribers'? I am able to choose between Pro and Plus subscriptions. Is that different than a multiple tier subscription? It seems you offer multiple tier subscriptions, just not with Starter.

@AshC wrote:

@whitea2  This means you would need a separate account to use GoToMeeting Starter with Pro.

I already mentioned I would not use a new email address just so I can subscribe to a plan advertised on your website. Your company needs to make it clear that Starter plans are not available for anyone with a Pro or higher account. Nowhere is that mentioned, and nobody at your company seems to understand that.

Between the phone calls, live chat, and this forum, I've wasted too much time on this. Stop misleading/misinforming your customers. It should not have taken this much effort for you to simply say Starter is not a plan that you offer to anyone with a Pro or higher account.

14 REPLIES 14
LogMeIn Contributor

@whitea2  I am sorry for the mixup. 

Are you trying to add additional licenses on top of your current subscription, or are you trying to downgrade your plan to Starter?

Active Contributor

I have 2 Pro licenses at the moment. I would like to have 1 Pro and 1 Starter
LogMeIn Contributor

@whitea2  OK -- we haven't enabled multiple tier subscriptions for GoToMeeting yet to online subscribers.  I believe this will be possible in the near future, though I don't have any ETA.  This means you would need a separate account to use GoToMeeting Starter with Pro.

Highlighted
Active Contributor

@AshC wrote:

@whitea2  OK -- we haven't enabled multiple tier subscriptions for GoToMeeting yet to online subscribers.  I believe this will be possible in the near future, though I don't have any ETA.  

Do you offer it to subscribers other than 'online subcribers'? I am able to choose between Pro and Plus subscriptions. Is that different than a multiple tier subscription? It seems you offer multiple tier subscriptions, just not with Starter.

@AshC wrote:

@whitea2  This means you would need a separate account to use GoToMeeting Starter with Pro.

I already mentioned I would not use a new email address just so I can subscribe to a plan advertised on your website. Your company needs to make it clear that Starter plans are not available for anyone with a Pro or higher account. Nowhere is that mentioned, and nobody at your company seems to understand that.

Between the phone calls, live chat, and this forum, I've wasted too much time on this. Stop misleading/misinforming your customers. It should not have taken this much effort for you to simply say Starter is not a plan that you offer to anyone with a Pro or higher account.

LogMeIn Contributor

@whitea2  I don't believe that statement would be accurate. 

1. You can certainly downgrade your plan to Starter from any other subscription, once the curren plan expires.
  2. In the near future, we plan to offer the ability to include multiple tiers of GoTo services -- we're just not there yet.
Active Contributor

I’m on a monthly plan. What date does that expire? Are you saying I can downgrade both of my Pro accounts to Starter? That would be a single tier.

Regardless, you currently offer multiple tiers (i.e. Pro and Plus). What you don’t offer is Starter with anything else. Are Pro and Plus considered the same tier? If not, how is that not a multiple tier offering?
LogMeIn Contributor

@whitea2  Right now, you can mix different GoToMeeting tiers (Pro / Plus / Starter) with different GoToWebinar or GoToTraining tiers, but not yet with different individual GoToMeeting tiers.

It looks like your account is on a monthly subscription, renewing on the 10th day of February.

Active Contributor

Okay, I would like to downgrade both of my subscriptions to Starter. That way my account will only have 1 tier - Starter. Thank you.

LogMeIn Contributor

@whitea2  OK.  I will DM you some further instructions in order to complete the change, as I cannot do the actual purchase for customers here.