cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
finale_patel
Active Contributor

GoToMeeting audible recording warning is too loud

Hello,

I find the new operator voice to annouce the session being recorded to be super disruptive and a terrible user experience.  I"m in the middle of talking to clients and a colleague could be quietly hitting the record button and all of a sudden im interrupted by the Goto operator stating that we are now being recorded.

Does anyone else find this change in the UX with GOTO recordings to be a FAIL?  When will they reverse course and go back to the old way of operating which is much better. 

We weren't thrilled with GOTO invalidating our meeting links but were not motivated to look into other providers, but this has just been the fire we needed.  I'm going to recommend we discontinue with GOTO in my organizaition unless they come back fix the issues described above.  

7 REPLIES 7
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: The new recording prompts

@finale_patel  I apologize for the frustrations this feature caused.

Could you specify what GoTo product you were using so that I can better understand your use-case?

finale_patel
Active Contributor

Basically, when I hit record button, a loud obnoxious voice chimes in and says "your meeting is being recording" and that is a new functionality that was not there previously.  Please tell your IT/Tech or leadership team to reverse course and remove that noise that comes up when the user hits the record button.

Thank you.  

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

@finale_patel  It sounds like you're talking about GoToMeeting?

If so, I believe this may be a requirement in many countries.  I can try to gain more clarity on if there will be an option to disable this recording warning, but it may be baked in for security requirements.

finale_patel
Active Contributor

Yes it is GOTO meetings.  But we are in US and we never had this issue before so why now?  

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

@finale_patel After checking on this functionality, the change was made because we had to comply with US and EU privacy laws going into effect this year.  The audible recording warning is also required in many other countries and territories for which we do not have separate audio services to customize, so this change was made for all customers at one time.

finale_patel
Active Contributor

Ok, in that case please turn down the volume when giving everyone the warning, it does not need to be that prominent.  Thank you.

dturpin330
New Contributor

I agree. If it must be there, then at least give the option to turn down the volume.