cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Excessive CPU Usage & Battery Impact?

Can you run a test after a fresh reboot of you Mac there, by scheduling a GoToMeeting without VoIP audio (just telephone audio options), and see how this affects the computer's performance after launching the broadcast?

New Contributor

Hi, 

What is the point to use the gotomeeting without computer audio?

I switched to use the gotomeeting app on iPad pro.

There it lasts for 5 hours with 100% screen brightness.

Waiting for the first Apple chip macs so I will be able to use the iPad app on that one too and forget the Intel based OSX version forever. 

Thanks and have a great day!

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Important update on my side of the issue:

While the GoToMeeting application may be using excessive processing power and battery when unplugged from the wall, my problems were actually not real issues - but a new feature from Apple that cycles down the battery and then charges it up for "Battery Health Management".

The way this feature behaves (my original message) is just like my old Mac used to act when my battery was failing completely (perhaps Apple developed this feature to not overuse/kill their batteries).  After a recent Mac system update, it seems this feature was automatically enabled (so from the user perspective, my battery just started draining mysteriously - still only happens during GoToMeeting - maybe other high CPU programs if I used them too.).   If I turn off this feature in the Mac battery settings, the "problem" no longer occurs - just a little awkward to see a computer plugged in to the wall and draining down (only got to about 90% and then back up).

Ultimately my problem was a combination of user error and Apple related items, so I just wanted to come back and update my thread and give GoToMeeting a little credit 🙂

View solution in original post

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Thanks for the follow up @CDB1  !