cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Active Contributor

GotoMeeting disconnecting frequently with Jabra Engage 75 mono Headset device

Hi,

I am using Jabra Hands-free Bluetooth Engage 75 mono Headset  device with GTM on windows 10. 

When I start a call it works fine for a couple of minutes after that GTM gets hang and I don't hear any voice. It happens randomly (about 5 seconds every 2-3 minutes).

It works perfect with Skype for business with the same device.

What can I do ?

Thanks

Charles

12 REPLIES 12
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: GotoMeeting disconnecting frequently with Jabra Engage 75 mono Headset device

@Charles70  Sorry, that does sound frustrating.

Does the GoToMeeting audio cut out from the headset speakers, or just the microphone?

Active Contributor

Re: GotoMeeting disconnecting frequently with Jabra Engage 75 mono Headset device

Both the headset speakers and microphone at the same time.

LogMeIn Contributor

@Charles70 Assuming this is the only device affected, are there any updates from the PC or Bluetooth manufacturer websites that might improve the performance? 

Active Contributor

I did the update and I have the same problem...can't use gotomeeting with my Jabra device

LogMeIn Contributor

@Charles70  Is there any video drop around the time you lose audio connectivity?

If you are on a Windows PC, can you check the following GoToMeeting Preferences > Audio > Advanced:  Use automatic volume and noise processing ?  See if disabling this has any effect.

Do you have any other headsets / speakers you can test with the same computer?

Active Contributor

Hi,

No video drop, just audio.

I already disabled  'Use automatic volume and noise processing' and it didn't make any difference.

Yes I tested my logitec headset (plugged in my computer) and it works fine with gotomeeting.

My Jabra works fine with Skype though...just the combination of Jabra and gotomeeting that doesn't work.

Thanks

New Contributor

Hi Charles.  Did you ever resolve this problem?  I am having the same issue and it is super annoying.

I have noticed that when gotomeeting is running, both the mic and speaker fail simulataneously every minute or so for a couple seconds.  I even played a music file locally to confirm it was not just gotomeeting sound, but all sound.

When gotomeeting is off, the headset works totally fine without interruption.

Thanks,

Dave

New Contributor

It is the same here. I have the stereo version of the Engage 75 headset and it is showing the same issue.

I have observed that the "headset connected" symbol on the base turns off when the audio cuts out.

I hav used a Plantronics Savi W720 before on the same computer and a Logitech cabled headset. Both do not show this issue.

It is only with GTM, not with Skype4B or my zoiper softphone.

Thanks for anything you can share!

New Contributor

I just saw this has been going on for a while. Has there been any progress anywhere?