cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
grant270
New Contributor

Gotomeeting crashes when opening webcam preferences

While in a meeting, if I open the webcam preferences, the application crashes.  I'm using the Canon Eos Webcam utility. 

OS X v 10.15.7

Gotomeeting version Version 10.15.0 Build 19228

5 REPLIES 5
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Gotomeeting crashes when opening webcam preferences

@grant270  Do you recall if that webcam device has ever worked with GoToMeeting before? 

Can you please specify what quality the webcam is set to broadcast, and then test a lower resolution?

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
2fifty6

I have a very similar issue! Repeated crashes when trying to start a meeting with video activated when using the Canon EOS Webcam utility (macOS 10.13.6, GoToMeeting v 10.16.0 Build 19598). I get the following error message when it crashes:

Application Error Occurred
An error has occurred that will cause the application to exit after a short delay. Sorry for the inconvenience.

After a few tries, I'm usually able to get the meeting to work with my video, but it's pretty fussy. (If I turn my camera off during the meeting, for example, it crashes in the same manner.) So clearly GoToMeeting isn't able to handle something about a Canon-ized webcam right now. I do see vertical black bars next to my video once I get it working, so maybe it has something to do with the different (i.e., not widescreen) aspect ratio...?

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@2fifty6  Are there any camera controls available that can lower the quality down to 720p or lower?

grant270
New Contributor

I have tested this at SD and HD resolutions, various aspect ratios, and various frame rates. Even at the lowest resolution, the behavior is the same. 

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

OK, we may need to grab some error logs from your computer through a Customer Support case.  Please give us a call when you have several minutes to work with an agent.