cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
afteam
New Contributor

Gotomeeting desktop app

Whenever I enter the meeting ID into the desktop app, it always opens in the browser. How can I stay in the desktop app? Or do I need to upgrade to premium?

Untitled.png

In addition, where can I download Goto App for Windows? The one with the below icon

Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 14.51.55.png

9 REPLIES 9
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Gotomeeting desktop app

@afteam  You may need to update the GoTo desktop software there, and if you are forced into the web app in your default browser, then this may be a sign that the GoTo Opener has been blocked from automatically running.

Here is a test session that you may use to check your system further: https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/join-a-test-session-g2m050001 

afteam1
New Contributor

Hi @AshC ,

I could use the desktop app with the test session. However, when I joined my own meeting it still popped up into the web browser. Could you help with the issue? Thank you. 

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Are you able to switch to the desktop app once you join through the browser? 

Are you able to test an alternate web browser to launch through gotomeeting.com? 

afteam1
New Contributor

@AshC No I didn't see any option that allows me to switch to desktop app

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

@afteam1  Do you have a screen shot of the web app showing the control panel on the right side? 

afteam1
New Contributor

@AshC Here it is (the panels are the same on both Chrome and Firefox)

gtm.png

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

@afteam1  If this is an up to date Mac or Windows machine, are you a part of a group account that may have restricted the meeting type?

afteam1
New Contributor

@AshC How can I know if I'm in the restricted group? I just signed up the account on Logmein like normal accounts

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Do you have any security apps that may block the GoToOpener from downloading and launching there?  If not, the following support article should walk you through the process: https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/download-now-g2m010002