cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NJC1
New Contributor

Gotomeeting stealing focus when opening

Hi, 

Would it be possible to set gotomeeting to not take focus as it opens. 

I often have some last second things to do as the meeting starts, and gotomeeting will steal focus, and i'll find myself typing into the chat window. 

This could be a serious security issue, if you accidentally share a password etc. with all members of the meeting. 

5 REPLIES 5
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Gotomeeting stealing focus when opening

@NJC1  Sorry about that!  What operating system are you using?

What application are you sharing when you suddenly lose focus?

NJC1
New Contributor

I'm on win10 and using the desktop client. 

It can steal focus from anything. When the gotomeeting bar opens on the right hand side of the screen it grabs focus. 

It's been happening for years, on different machines. I just finally decided to say something about it. 

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

@NJC1  When you say "grabs focus", are you just attending a GoToMeetings, or presenting something yourself?

Is someone sending a chat message or unmuting your audio line when GoToMeeting takes over the top layer?

NJC1
New Contributor

I tend to present a number of scheduled meetings each day. 

Five minutes before the meeting is scheduled to start, a start meeting button will pop up on my screen. 

If I click that button, then return to quickly finish something else (email (outlook), skype for business, type something into a web browser etc.), when gotomeeting opens whatever I am typing will suddenly shift to the chat area in gotomeeting. 

By focus I mean the application that my keyboard inputs are being sent to. 

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

@NJC1 I understand what you mean now.  While the GoToMeeting application finalizes the A/V connections and finishes the launch routine, it will want to take focus as the top layer when you are starting the meeting.  I know this is a little difficult when you are used to programs launching silently as you multitask, though I am not sure if anything can be done about it yet from a programming perspective...