cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jared2455

How can I block an attendee from using their camera and microphone?

When I host a meeting I can mute someone or stop them from sharing their webcam but they can re-enable it right after I disable it.  We need to host a public forum where only the organizer can allow or deny someone the ability to use their microphone and webcam.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: How can I block an attendee from using their camera and microphone?

Hi Jared,

GoToWebinar has more of the features you're looking for, like the automatic ability to keep attendees watching the apps and webcams you've selected. 

While it is possible to permanently mute a GoToMeeting conference call by rotating modes (*5), if you disable webcams, then they will be off for all participants.  The same goes for Chat functionality, which can be used by attendees if you have it turned on with the ability to see the Attendee List.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: How can I block an attendee from using their camera and microphone?

Hi Jared,

GoToWebinar has more of the features you're looking for, like the automatic ability to keep attendees watching the apps and webcams you've selected. 

While it is possible to permanently mute a GoToMeeting conference call by rotating modes (*5), if you disable webcams, then they will be off for all participants.  The same goes for Chat functionality, which can be used by attendees if you have it turned on with the ability to see the Attendee List.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!