cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

How do I get a prompt to switch audio devices on the Mac when I plug in my AirPods?

When using the built-in microphone and output, I used to be able to put in my AirPods in my ears and when the Mac recognized the Bluetooth device was connected, GoToMeeting would pop up a dialog asking if I wanted to switch to the new audio device. At some point I must have dismissed it and now I can't get it back. I tried erasing all local configurations (or at least I think I did, in /Users/username/Library/Application Support) and deleting the app but nothing works and I can't find anything in the menus. Setting the AirPods as the default didn't work either. I hate having to switch to the AirPods twice every meeting which is 4-5 times a day for me. How can I get this prompt back?

Tags (4)
3 REPLIES 3
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: How do I get a prompt to switch audio devices on the Mac when I plug in my AirPods?

@dgcaste  There should be drop-down menus available in your GoTo Control Panel's Audio pane, representing the Microphone Inputs & Speaker Outputs available on your device.

New Contributor

Re: How do I get a prompt to switch audio devices on the Mac when I plug in my AirPods?

I know that - I want the yes/no dialog to switch.
LogMeIn Contributor

@dgcaste Usually when you disconnect / reconnect an audio device that's compatible (while in session), GoTo will invariably ask if you want to use the new device for the audio feed.  If not, you may also try re-installing GoToMeeting from your Mac, and reinstalling for the next upcoming meeting in order to re-trigger the audio ask.