cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

How do I set a default (either on or off) for entry and exit chimes?

I know that I turn entry/exit chimes on or off within a specific meeting. How do I set a global default so that the meeting setting properly defaults each time you create a new meeting?

In our company, when some of us create new meetings, the chimes are automatically turned on. For others, the chimes are automatically turned off. There's no apparent rhyme or reason as to which setting you get, and no apparent way to change the default globally. 

3 REPLIES
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: How do I set a default (either on or off) for entry and exit chimes?

@K Hi  The GoToMeeting software locally installed has the Entry Chimes options --- there isn't an account level setting for this feature.  So if you used a PC where someone had previously disabled the setting, then it would likely stick when you logged in too.

New Contributor

@AshC thank you for your quick reply. Not sure I fully understand what you mean regarding the entry chimes options in the local software. Most of us have brand new laptops. Maybe that is the common denominator -- those with new laptops are stuck with the default of chimes turned off. That does seem a plausible pattern here. 

Is the default to chimes being turned off a new thing with GTM? I have an older laptop, and my chimes are always on by default any time I create a new meeting. 

LogMeIn Contributor

@K Hi  I just tested this function on a Windows OS, and the software reverts to No Entry Chimes for me after I reinstall the desktop application.   When I turn ON the Entry Chimes, they stay enganged after I relaunch a new meeting.