cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Re: How to always use the Desktop Version by default?

Hey, could you please provide with some guide, where I can find that magic button "Desktop by default". 
Thanks!
LogMeIn Contributor

Hello Илья,
Should you wish to enable or disable the GoToMeeting Web App for your account, here's a guide you may follow:  https://support.logmeininc.com/gotomeeting/help/enable-the-web-app-g2m0900055

New Contributor

This is NOT a good solution since it blocks guests who do not have a desktop app installed from joining my meetings.

I'd like a "open with desktop app" as default without disabling the web app. Is that possible?
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Florian,
At this time that preference is not one attendees may choose, as the behavior was designed to be intuitive:  If they have the desktop version, then their experience will certainly be more interactive.  If however they cannot install or update this app, then the web app provides a less demanding stream of information available to most attendees with a supported browser.

I'm sorry if this inconveniences you in any way.

New Contributor

If I understand then, there is only a toggle on using/not using the Web App for both Organizers and Attendees. If the organizer prefers to launch with the desktop version, then all attendees must use their desktop version. If the Web App is enabled for attendees then the organizer is forced to use the Web App version...do I have this right?
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi there,
Attendees do not have to use the desktop version if they cannot install a local copy of GoToMeeting.  Their join flow is independent of the Organizer's, so it doesn't matter how the meeting begins.

New Contributor

How does the "Meeting Joiner" choose whether the link opens in the Desktop Plugin or in the Default Browser (which then says it isn't supported so please try Chrome)?
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Doug,
As previously mentioned, Organizers may enable or disable the Web App as they see fit:  Should you wish to enable or disable the GoToMeeting Web App for your account, here's a guide you may follow:  https://support.logmeininc.com/gotomeeting/help/enable-the-web-app-g2m090005

LogMeIn Manager

Hi Doug, 

If the attendee has the GoToMeeting desktop software installed on their computer already, it will launch by default when they join a meeting. If the attendee has the desktop software installed they can type the 9 digit meeting ID directly into the software to join the meeting. After joining from the Web App and attendee can switch to the desktop software (and install it if necessary first), by clicking on the switch icon in the Web Apps control panel. Once they have done this the desktop software will be their default way of joining meetings.

If the attendee is trying to join from a computer that does not meet the system requirements for our desktop software (Linux, old Windows or Mac), we will automatically default them to the Web App so they can still join the meeting. 

An attendee can also choose to use the Web App by going to app.gotomeeting.com and entering the meeting ID there. In some cases, the meeting Organizer may share a join link that uses app.gotomeeting.com, this will connect attendees via the Web App by default. This is useful if they have a compatible system but are not permitted to install software.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
New Contributor

this link is dead. Can you provide a working link. Not being able to launch the desktop app instead of the web app is a reducing out productivity. Would love to get this fixed.