cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
textem
Active Contributor

Huuuuuge recording size

Hello! On Saturday we recorded a video from our meeting on GoToMeetings as usual. The meeting took 90 minutes, and we were surprised to find that the recording is almost 5 GB in size! Usually our recordings do not exceed 500 MB (even with screensharing and webcams). Do you have any idea what might have caused this?

Meeting ID is 663-708-389. Please let me know if you need any more info.

5 REPLIES 5
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Huuuuuge recording size

Hi @textem

I can't directly account for that file size, unless you started sharing a lot more webcams or went through some videos on a higher resolution system.  Do you notice anything different about this meeting than your others? 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
igicola78
New Contributor

Hi,

It's the same for me in a conference with camera on.

The recording file size was very huge. Is it possible to set a lower quality at recording ?

Thank you for your answer

Igi

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@igicola78  Sharing fewer video frames will keep the file size smaller, though ultimately Cloud Recording storage would make it easier for you to house and share these videos with others.  Have you considered using this method instead of desktop storage?

igicola78
New Contributor

Yes, I'm using Cloud recordings but we have an intranet portal with the list of next conferences, the participants, the documents will be discussed during the conference and so on. We'd like to show a "Play" button to see the recording in streaming by that webpage. Now, I'm downloading the recordings and move on the intranet but  it's necessary to reduce the size before. 

Thank you for your help

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Have you considered using a free video compressor to shrink the file size before sending it to your intranet location?