cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maggie Taylor
New Contributor

I would like to see IP addresses of people logged into my GoToMeetings and GoToWebinars in Real-Time

IP Addresses of people viewing GoToMeeting or GoToWebinar in real-time
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Re: I would like to see IP addresses of people logged into my GoToMeetings and GoToWebinars in Real-

Hi,

There are currently no plans to implement this. GoToWebinar already allows you to run both registration and attendee reports in order to gather attendee's email addresses, which can then be used to send direct follow up email.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
David Hunt
Active Contributor

Re: I would like to see IP addresses of people logged into my GoToMeetings and GoToWebinars in Real-Time

It would be helpful to have IP addresses available in the registration / attend reports too, as this would help to track visitors to our websites afterwards.
Naren1
New Contributor

Re: I would like to see IP addresses of people logged into my GoToMeetings and GoToWebinars in Real-Time

yeah well said. this will be very useful information for us to add new & change the schedule 
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Hi,

I suspect attendees would need to agree to supply this information each and every time they register before we would be able to provide it. It would certainly raise some privacy questions.

Maggie Taylor
New Contributor

IP address is already in the T&Cs of GoToMeeting as something they collect.

IP addresses aren't considered personal identifiable information (PII) so an opt-in isn't needed.
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi Maggie, I apologize that this information is not currently available within session reporting. And unfortunately I'm not 100% certain about the legal ramifications -- however I'll be sure to bring up the subject with our product and legal teams.
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Maggie, that is true about our Terms and Conditions however, we do not release that information unless compelled by an official request by law enforcement. 

David Hunt
Active Contributor

If you use services like SurveyMonkey you have the option (when setting up the survey) to collect IP information or keep the responder anonymous (do not collect IP data).  Many business also use website visitor tracking. This uses the IP address to track the user. This can be built into the website or built into the email being sent out and is triggered if the recipient clicks on any of the links in the email.

I therefore believe that it is perfectly legit to collect this information and provide it to the event organiser.
Pedro Manuel
New Contributor

Even when there are ways for they to know our IP addresses without giving them the permission to do it, it's always a matter of asking for people to do it or not, IP turn sometimes into a personal ID someway, anyway, I don't see the use of giving that info in these sort of activities. My NICK or named used it'd be enough, I think!
BatManUtd
New Contributor

Re: I would like to see IP addresses of people logged into my GoToMeetings and GoToWebinars in Real-

Hi, Is there any update on the IP address sharing as it would be very useful to send custom followups to attendees.