cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Individual mobile app volume settings

We have meetings that are mixed with a group of people in 1 room + many individuals joining from home.  The people in the room have 1 microphone. We use a tech assistant with a Samsung tablet in our meetings to be able to view the remote callers and mute them as needed.  The problem is the tablet can't be muted, so we are hearing our meeting on a delay, in the actual meeting.  The sound is coming from the "phone" volume (and this is a tablet, not a phone) and can't be turned down, but not silent.  Why can't we turn the sound off if we want to?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Add the ability to mute the audio from the App.

Hi,

I just wanted to update everyone and let you know that there is now an option to disconnect from the audio in our Apps. You can return to view the meeting and reconnect or dial-in at any time. We have also implemented this option in the latest versions of our desktop software.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

Tags (2)
18 REPLIES 18
New Contributor

BUMP! Finally someone with the same problem as myself! Any solutions to this out there?
LogMeIn Manager

Hi,

I'm not sure I follow, our Android App does have mute function for the microphone, you just tap on the microphone icon that is displayed. Also our mobile Apps join muted by default.

Active Contributor

I have this problem as well.  Use case is I'm dialed in via phone, but want to watch from tablet.  Android tablet GTM app doesn't allow for setting the audio to silent.  Not talking about microphone volume (which is mutable), but audio from other participants.  I can hear through the phone.  Don't want duplicate audio from tablet.
LogMeIn Manager

Thanks for explaining how you are trying to use the App, I take it you don;t want to turn the volume down on your tablet because it would mute other notifications? 

New Contributor

The app will only let you turn it down to about 25% of the volume -- not all the way off.  You still hear enough sound to be very distracting.  I can completely turn off all sound on the tablet and GTM will still play the presentation, with sound, at about 25%.
LogMeIn Manager

Now that I understand you use case I can file an enhancement request for the App. 

In the meantime one work around would be to plug a headphone jack into the tablet/phone. If you have an old broken pair of headphones you can just cut the jack off and use that.

Active Contributor

+1. I would love to turn system volume to 0 but this app doesn't allow it. Other apps allow it. Issue is specific to this app.
New Contributor

+1 I already put a headset in the tablet to mute the audio output but it's a pain.
New Contributor

I just downloaded this app and I have this problem as well. I couldn't mute it all the way and the was an echo in the room when other participants talked.