cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndreX86
Active Contributor

Instructions for new GoTo Outlook Plugin don't make sense, I cannot install the new plugin.

Ok so i'm trying to install the new GoTo Outlook plugin and of course instead of offering a stand alone installer I now need to go through Outlook to install it. The problem is the instructions tell me to:

1. From Microsoft Outlook, select AndreX86_0-1646860504689.png or Get add-ins from the toolbar in the home tab.

But so far me and every other person in my office cannot find any of these buttons. We are using Office 2019. How am I supposed to get this installed??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dhw
Active Contributor

Hi:

Is your Outlook connecting to a email systems that is not exchange or Office365 Exchange, like Google Workplace/IMAP/POP etc..?

If so you are out of luck.  The button only appears on systems that are connected to Exchange on prem or in the cloud.

And no, no plan to support this configuration either at all that I have been able to find out from GoTo support.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
AshC
GoTo Moderator

I apologize for any confusion @AndreX86

From the Get add-ins section, can you try searching for "GoTo for Outlook" instead? 

Ash is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
AndreX86
Active Contributor

The 'Get add-in's button is grayed out. I'm wondering, is this option is only available for Office365 and/or Exchange accounts? 

#Update - This comes from the Microsoft support site: 

Note: If you don’t see the Manage add-ins (or Manage Apps) button, you won’t be able to get add-ins for Outlook. To get them, you’ll need Office 2013 or Office 2016 and Exchange 2013 or Exchange 2016, and your administrator needs to activate add-ins for Outlook.

It appears I can get the option if I sign into my hotmail account but the App is removed when I switch to another outlook profile. I'm trying to get this to work with a Gmail account but it doesn't appear the app store is available for those types of accounts. 

This is going to be a problem for essentially anyone who is using Outlook with any account that isn't Exchange or Hotmail/Outlook.com

dhw
Active Contributor

Hi:

Is your Outlook connecting to a email systems that is not exchange or Office365 Exchange, like Google Workplace/IMAP/POP etc..?

If so you are out of luck.  The button only appears on systems that are connected to Exchange on prem or in the cloud.

And no, no plan to support this configuration either at all that I have been able to find out from GoTo support.

AndreX86
Active Contributor

Our email system uses Google. I figured this was going to be the case. I guess i'll just keep installing the old version. 

Thanks GoToMeeting for abandoning this feature for many of your customers! Great service /s. 

Lutz
New Contributor

i´ve got exactly the same problem.

Thats not really cool, that this feature is no more aviable for Users with Outlook 2019. Withoud Cloud or similar.

Or does someone already have a solution here?

dhw
Active Contributor

GoTo only support outlook plugins for email servers using exchange.  GoTo does NOT officially support integration with IMAP/Google or ANY other MS EXCHANGE.  I had a long discussion with support on this topic which was escalated.

That is why the instruction for the "new" GoTo integration don't work, unless you have an integration with MS Exchange.

You can continue to use the old GoToMeeting plugin for Outlook, but it will also launch the old GoToMeeting client.

-David

AndreX86
Active Contributor

Well iI'm glad this won't be an issue for me anymore. Since I wrote the post, not that they saw it, the company started offering Zoom licenses instead. Seems everyone who has a GTM account in my company is asking for Zoom now. And they still support a regular 'ol Outlook plugin, like mom used to make.

Lutz
New Contributor

That's the problem.

Anyone who is not using Exchange on prem or online can no longer use the plugin or its full functions.

The plugin has not been offered or further developed since April 2022.

If I decide to have an O365 account with Exchange, then I will also use MS Teams directly.

This is widely used and included in the package.

That's not very smart of GTM to go on like this.

AndreX86
Active Contributor

I sent a reply yesterday or two days ago with a link to download the old GTM from my Gdrive though it appears GTM mods removed my post.