cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Internet Explorer - Authentication Redirect

Recently, in IE11, when I go to sign in on GoToMeeting.com, the page either stays blank, or fails to properly load the login page.2019-03-06 11_51_17-Window.png2019-03-06 11_51_10-.png2019-03-06 11_50_43-Window.png

This issue does not occur in Chrome or Edge. IE11 is listed as a supported browser.

I have tried as multiple user accounts, InPrivate browsing, and different networks.

I'm not sure if a recent update changed some compatibility requirements.

9 REPLIES 9
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Internet Explorer - Authentication Redirect

Hi @gwalker ,

Could you please specify what operating system and IE version you have installed?

New Contributor

Hello,

We're running Windows 10 1803 (Build 17134.590), and IE 11.590.17134.0 (Update 11.0.110).

LogMeIn Contributor

@gwalker  Thanks.  Check the updated links on this article, and see if they resolve your join flow / security problem in IE:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3192665/activex-installation-that-uses-axis-fails-after-you...

New Contributor

Thanks for the reply.

The mentioned updates 3193519 and 3193517 seem to be from Windows 10 1511. We're running a higher version, and we're running cumulative update KB4487017, so I don't think that situation applies here.

LogMeIn Contributor

@gwalker  We will try to recreate the problem here.  IE isn't always the easiest to see directly what is failing, though this reference guide may be of use later:  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/windows/internet-explorer/ie-developer/samples/dn...)

New Contributor

@AshC thank you!

Please let me know if I can help with testing. IE console reports before closing the page:

"CSS311:  font-face encountered unknown error. lato-regular.eot"

2019-03-06 16_34_29-Secure Sign In - Internet Explorer.png

New Contributor

Hi @AshC , did you ever find anything out about this issue?

We are still having the same problem on a new build of IE 11, Version: 11.648.17134.0.

I've tried disabling all of my add-ons, both manually and with the "iexplore -extoff" command.

I also tried adjusting our group policy settings, like adding authentication.logmein.com to our compatibility view list.

Thanks.

LogMeIn Contributor

@gwalker You may have to increase the default time-out value for persistent HTTP connections in Internet Explorer.  Microsoft appears to have an automatic tool that might be viable :  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/181050/internet-explorer-error-connection-timed-out-when-se... (there are also manual instructions on their site)

New Contributor

@AshC thanks for the suggestion, I manually set the ReceiveTimeout to 8 minutes, and the issue still occurs. I've also saved the website locally as an .html file to try to rule out network issues, and it still has the same issue.