cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Is Meeting Auto Start without an organizer on the Roadmap?

I do like the Goto Meeting product except for this one issue and it is a big issue for me as I will very likely switch to WEBEX shortly if this is not being considered as an improvement.

I regularly work with a network of external consultants, aka outside of my account and I cant make co organizers, nor do they necessarily have a goto account. I have reoccurring meetings set up with a group of them that I cannot attend. While i understand the current work around it to give people my login to start the meeting, that is a big pain and even if you trust the people it is unsafe.

So again my question is, is meeting Auto Start without an organizer on the Roadmap as an improvement on the way? If it is not, who do I speak to about canceling my account? 
3 REPLIES 3
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Is Meeting Auto Start without an organizer on the Roadmap?

Hi Ben,
To answer your questions here:
- GoToMeeting does allow for the usage of the audio conference without the Organizer present, but does still need the account credentials to start the screen sharing session.
- GoToWebinar is currently testing a Simulated Live scheduling option where the event launches automatically at a specified time, but this is not considered collaborative in nature, as attendees basically watch the presentation and participate in polls + questions.
- Should you wish to cancel, I would suggest contacting our support group directly to confirm your identity and ensure any renewals are turned off.

SJA
New Contributor

Please tell me how I can start a GoToMeeting (audio only) w/o the organizer. You say it's possible. I just called support and they told me it was impossible.

I often have several CEOs on the call and me as moderator can often be late from other meetings or just not be able to be present (and not knowing that in advance) and they are stuck in limbo forever leaving a VERY poor experience with GTM. 

Please let me know how I can make this happen - I'm admin of our accounts.

LogMeIn Manager

Hi @SJA,

Attendees that dial into the meeting conference call by telephone can talk to each other before the meeting starts. One thing to check in your Organizer settings is not set to automatically mute attendees. 

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!