cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kwoodpeak
New Contributor

Join using the desktop app vs web

Hi, I'm the senior tech in a software company.

Commonly, in fact always... we use gotomeeting to connect with our clients and take control to help them through their issues.

Can any human being tell me why, cannot we always make them join via the desktop app, so we can get keyboard & mouse control?   I've seen this topic here & there, but have yet to find an answer to this simple question.

Now, it always launches on the web, we can't control anything... AND, the option to "switch to desktop" disappeared.

Thanks for your time.

4 REPLIES 4
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Join using the desktop app vs web

@kwoodpeak   I'll address your main concern here:  Certain GoTo participants may block the download attempt, not have the admin rights to install, or have security plugins that stop the file transfer automatically. 

So as you can see, there may be several reasons why this can occur.  However, your account should certainly allow for participants to use the desktop app when needed.  Please check this location in your own account to confirm the settings are correct:  https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/is-my-account-enabled-to-use-the-web-app-g2m090023 

If you opted into the new GoTo experience, you may still revert using this procedure:  https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/go-back-to-the-old-gotomeeting-view 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
kwoodpeak
New Contributor

Ok, understood.  My setting, is disabled.  This should mean, that they all would join via the desktop app, and be prompted to do so/ download it.   Our clients have administrator access, and we simply need to get keyboard & mouse control to do our jobs.

Problem is, no matter what we try... it always... always, forces them to the web app which is useless in our realm.  

When people join, there used to be a "switch to desktop" under those 3 dots menu thingy, and it's gone now.

Is there no way, to force the desktop version?  

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@kwoodpeak  Can you confirm which GoTo software version you are using to connect? 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
kwoodpeak
New Contributor

10.17.0  build 19796