cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sairus
New Contributor

Keyboard and mouse control stopped working from Linux

I have been using web based GoToMeeting on Linux to remotely control Windows workstations. The only limitation used to be that I could not request for mouse and keyboard control - I always had to ask the client to give me the controls and all worked fine.

However, since about October 2022, whenever I try to take remote control, can se the mouse cursor moves only by a few pixels and then gets stuck and does not work. Keyboard controls also don't work.

This problem is present across all Linux distros and desktop environments both in Chrome and Edge.

Is there any trick to making remote control working from Linux? Or should I completely switch to 3rd party solution?

4 REPLIES 4
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Keyboard and mouse control stopped working from Linux

@Sairus hi and welcome to the GoTo Community. We tested this and verified your experience using the Classic v10 web app. The new GoTo app will be able to remotely control the attendee computer from Linux, so it's recommended you try this as a workaround. Thanks for bringing this to our attention, we let the team know. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
Sairus
New Contributor

Hi Kate,

thanks for your response. I've just enabled the new version of the GoTo App, but I've not noticed any difference in the visuals of functionality of the WebApp. The web app reports to be of version 0.103.11 .

Is there anything else I can do from my side?

Sairus_0-1673017195572.png

Sairus_1-1673017329684.png

KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @Sairus you are on the correct version of the app. Let's try the following steps and see if this resolves the issue: 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
Sairus
New Contributor

Hi Kate,

yes, this is how I have been doing it for years until it broke a few months ago.

Please let me know once the issue is patched, so we can switch back to using GoToMeeting.

Thanks

Sairus