cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Labs option not available in GoToMeeting desktop application

Hello.

I am trying to use the Rectangle sharing tool included in the Labs beta option that should be available in the GoToMeeting menu, in the desktop application. But I cannot find it.

I tried once that option and it worked fine, but I cannot see the Labs option in the menu anymore.

Captura.JPG

I am using Windows 10 in my laptop.

How can I get the Labs option available again in the application?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Labs option not available in GoToMeeting desktop application

Hello @mddxtt ,

Sorry for the lack of communication around that change.  We recently removed the Labs functionality from GoToMeeting desktop software.  If you'd like to temporarily bring it back, follow this process:

1. Hold down the CTRL Shift and L keys
  2. Click on the GoToMeeting menu

5 REPLIES 5
LogMeIn Contributor

Hello @mddxtt ,

Sorry for the lack of communication around that change.  We recently removed the Labs functionality from GoToMeeting desktop software.  If you'd like to temporarily bring it back, follow this process:

1. Hold down the CTRL Shift and L keys
  2. Click on the GoToMeeting menu

New Contributor

Thank you very much for the solution. I find that tool to share a rectangle very useful. Will you add it as a standard option in any of the next versions?

Regards

Active Contributor

I'm looking for exactly that feature back too - sharing the whole huge monitor is too slow and usually too large for meeting rooms. Rectangle share ought to be elevated to a normal feature.

Active Contributor

I can get Labs appearing again with Share rectangle ticked but it's not available from the Start Sharing my: menu. v 8.46.0 13761
LogMeIn Contributor

@fixing_things  Yes, you must enable it manually for every meeting that you want those advanced features.

@mddxtt  We do plan to release some more screen sharing options in the near future, and I believe one of those improvements includes the custom-rectangle as a primary function.