cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Locate cloud recordings older than one year?

This may not be possible, but I figured I'd ask to make sure either way. A user on our team had a recording that was saved to the cloud in October of 2018. Based on this slightly dated thread post (https://community.logmein.com/t5/GoToMeeting-Discussions/How-long-are-cloud-recorded-gotomeeting-ses...), there is no upper limit to how long the recordings are stored online, but meeting history only goes back by one year (according to https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/view-meeting-history-hub). Is there a way to be able to locate the link to recordings older than one year to download them, or are the recordings simply deleted after they are removed from the meeting history?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Locate cloud recordings older than one year?

Hi @CalynG ,

While we do not keep GoToMeeting History longer than one year, and thus recordings are also recycled after that point, if you had the original GoToMeeting recording link we may be able to recover it for you through a Customer Support escalation.

If you don't have the original recording link, then I'm afraid there's no way for us to recover the file.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @CalynG ,

While we do not keep GoToMeeting History longer than one year, and thus recordings are also recycled after that point, if you had the original GoToMeeting recording link we may be able to recover it for you through a Customer Support escalation.

If you don't have the original recording link, then I'm afraid there's no way for us to recover the file.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Active Contributor

so that statement from 2017 is no longer valid?

Recordings.JPG

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

@Tho-Mas You are referencing a GoToTraining thread, which is a different service than GoToMeeting.

GoToMeeting's History has always ended at 1 year, and now GoToMeeting recordings are also set to expire simultaneously.

To be clear, this has no effect on either GoToWebinar recordings or GoToTraining recordings.