cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Lost control of attendees mouse

I was the presenter and I requested keyboard and mouse control of the only attendee and could control their mouse until I accessed a system resource like task manager or regedit. GTM kept showing (the pop up) I had control/lost control/got control back but I did not have control of the mouse. Nothing would bring mouse control back to me. Both machines running W10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Lost control of attendees mouse

Hi Clive,

I'm sorry to hear you've run into this limitation.

GoToMeeting is not typically capable of providing keyboard and mouse control on applications running with elevated privileges, such as administrator rights.

A workaround for this would be to have the attendee end all GoToMeeting processes that are already running from Task Manager on their computer, then run GoToMeeting as an administrator.

3 REPLIES
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Lost control of attendees mouse

Hi Clive,

I'm sorry to hear you've run into this limitation.

GoToMeeting is not typically capable of providing keyboard and mouse control on applications running with elevated privileges, such as administrator rights.

A workaround for this would be to have the attendee end all GoToMeeting processes that are already running from Task Manager on their computer, then run GoToMeeting as an administrator.

New Contributor

Mouse click not working when given Keyboard and Mouse control

I've had on a few ocassions with remote sessions whereby GTM attendees have given me Keyboard and Mouse control - where I can move the mouse cursor but none of my mouse clicks  register (on the remote machine). The behaviour is consistent with certain attendees (organisations) which leads me to believe it's something environmental causing the issue - any suggestions as to what's causing this?

LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Mouse click not working when given Keyboard and Mouse control

@jyeung  Restricted admin rights on a User profile, also local security applications may block this functionality unfortunately.  If you are using GoToMeeting for support, I might suggest RescueAssist for those instances instead.