cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Mac Calendar Integration

GoToMeeting should have Apple Calendar integration for the presenter and all invitees through the email invitation just as in Outlook. So an invitation sent through Apple Mail should work the same as through Outlook.
11 REPLIES 11
New Contributor

Re: Mac Calendar Integration

As there are many ways to add a meeting to the Mac calendar one can have a look to following options:

- When creating a meeting - add functionality to select the date so OSX gives the option to add it to calendar

- When the e-mail for invitation is created - add functionality to select the date so OSX gives the option to add it to calendar

- When going to "my meetings" overview - add functionality to select the date so OSX gives the option to add it to calendar

For all above it is also possible to add a on screen "button" which allows to add the meeting to OSX calendar.
Highlighted
New Contributor

thanks so much....  sorry I am dense, but how do we "add functionality"?
Highlighted
New Contributor

---but how do we "add functionality"?

Sadly this is a question the developers at GoToMeeting have not bothered to ask themselves in the 2 years since this post 😞
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi there,
The function 'Add to Calendar' creates a .ics file in most cases, which are compatible with many calendar systems.
Some of the newer functionality we've added, includes integrations with Outlook for Mac, and Google Calendar! 

Thanks for your continued involvement and feedback on these tools!

Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Hi David,

I apologize for the frustration.

All development work for our products has to be prioritized based upon many factors, unfortunately integration with Macs native calendar is not something that generates a lot of demand. In my experience the majority of our Mac users are using 3rd party applications like Outlook or Google Calendar, which is why we released plug-ins for those applications.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Highlighted
New Contributor

HI Ash, thanks for responding. Especially to an old thread. I would be really nice if the option to use the Apple Calendar in the GoToMeeting Client, or even better the GoToMeeting Scheduler was there. Many people who use Macs would like to use the native Apple tools not Outlook.
Highlighted
New Contributor

I find it to be a self-propagating problem.

For example, I only use Outlook on my Mac because so many services (such as GoToMeeting, Salesforce, and others) do not offer sufficient options for integration with the Mac native mail and calendar clients. I would dump Outlook and use the Mac native tools exclusively if more of these integrations existed.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Glenn - I think you guys are dead wrong in your assessment. Since the functionality is terrible for mac, mac users will want to use something else instead of Gotomeeting. I'd do that if it wasn't that the company was on it. You also don't see that my admin on her PC creates the gotomeeting invites to keep me out of trouble and does the syncing by hand. In other words, you are likely basing this on analytics that don't include the customers you've lost and the people who have had to work-around  your issue by booking meetings with a PC. Please fix this instead of putting polite excuses. 😕
Highlighted
New Contributor

I agree with others on this thread that your assumptions are based upon the fact that you don't provide a native Apple Calendar plugin, so you think there is no demand. Mac users typically use Outlook because developers such as yourselves give them no alternative, due to your circular logic. Please develop a plugin/integration for Apple Calendar and you will see that many people will drop Outlook on Mac and migrate.